Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

CQC #74 Camping pages















Hi there! Here are my pages for this week's colourQ! Check it out, the colors are: Pear Pizzaz, Tangerine Tango, Bordering Blue, Early Espresso, and White. Totally MY kind of (boy) colors! ;) I took these pics from the boys' last camping trip. Every summer, my hubby and his folks take the boys camping. I stay home & sleep in as I tend to be kind of a "hotel" camper, lol;) I had these cool stamps I won from my last prize package at Spotted Canary. Really cool stamps. Here is the whole set if you want to see. One thing I really like about Inkadinkadoo stamps is the fact that they have a lot of style, but are very affordable! This whole set is only 10$! I figured they would be great to use on these pages. I actually made a mistake and started using black instead of Espresso as my neutral, whoops! There was black in that butterfly printed paper that I was using, see how it has the Bordering Blue, and the Tangerine colors in it? So anyway, I had done all my stamping in black BEFORE I realized I was supposed to be using dark brown, but I did get the Espresso in with those Top Note pieces cut from that dark brown woodgrain paper, see? I stamped some of my stamps right onto the background paper (I know, total shocker that there's not 64 layers instead;) To accent around the stamped images, I took my sewing machine and stitched all around the images. I also used it on the border strips and on the images stamped on green patterned paper and matted in the blue.. The thread is ivory, so it's a bit tough to get the full effect here.


I used my old-school labelmaker to identify some of the pics on the first page.
I couldn't resist using just a FEW camping stickers. The colors were right, but I didn't want to go to overboard with them, because they were kind of "cutesy" compared to the classic feel of all the rest of the products I was using, but I did use just a few.... Who doesn't love a good s'mores sticker or two, right?

I hope you like my pages! If you get a sec, please head over to some of my DT buds blogs and leave them some love! You can link up on my sidebar there.

Also, I am working hard to get the number of followers up (like REALLY up!) before my blog anniversary in May. I would LOVE to have you join me if at all possible, please consider it? :)

Have a stellar day! -Noelle






Supply List: solid green 12" cardstock: Bazzill; stamps: Inkadinkadoo; text box stamp: Unity; top note die, orange buttons, punches and Bordering Blue cardstock:SU!; patterned papers;BasicGrey and My Mind's Eye; camping stickers: American Crafts; woodgrain paper: Martha Stewart Crafts; blue baker's twine: Jillibean Soup; labelmaker: Dymo; sewing machine
DUST IT OFF!: You know you've got one of those labelmakers somewhere, right? Give it new life on a scrapbook page:) Those stickers are pretty old, too. 




No comments: