Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dyeing Easter Eggs scrapbook page (CQC#78)

 
Hi there! Time for another GREAT color challenge at colourQ! I got a wee bit nervous when I saw these colors. I can pretty much make any colors work for a card, but since I scrapbook for CQC, I have to find photos that will work with the colors as well. Aaaaaaand, since I have 3 sons, pink is NOT a color I use often when scrapping! I really need to get some pics of my nieces for these pink opportunities! Anyway, I figured pink is a springy/Easter color and I did have these Easter egg dyeing pics from last year, so I decided to use those. I found some green gingham print paper in my stash which looked to be about the right shade of green and went with the fresh look I was going for. I cut out the word "eggs" on the Cricut in the Pink Pirouette and dry embossed it in the Cuttlebug. For the word "Easter" I stamped the letters down and punched them out with and oval punch. I also cut my eggs picture out in an oval and matted it in the pink as well. the oval reminded me of an egg, so that's why I focused on that shape. When I scrapbook, I usually figure that square or rectangular shaped photos are the norm, or that they're "neutral." One way to draw attention to a certain photo is by cutting it out in a different shape. So I will usually only try to draw the eye to one or 2 pics per layout. 


I used a technique on this layout that can REALLY help you save paper if you like a layered page look like I do. See the Espresso brown cardstock, that are bordering the gingham pieces?? I actually cut the centers out of those Espresso pieces, thereby saving about a 10" square piece from each Espresso piece. One of them I was then able to use to mat my photos on the right hand page, see? It's SUCH a great technique, since I often like to mat my photos in cardstock. 

Cut center out of 12" cardstock with 12" trimmer

Set center piece aside for later use.


adhere to back of 11 1/2" square paper for a
(back of paper shown) layered look

I found these SUPER old tab stickers in my stash, that's where I stamped the word "Dyeing." I accented with a variety of buttons, brads and little accents, most of which were pretty old. Check out my "dust it off" section at the bottom of the page for further details! 

 I hope you are having a great week! We are on our SECOND week of Spring Break and I'm trying to keep the boys busy! Thinking of trying Evan out at his first movie in a real live movie theater, wish me luck! Have a STELLAR day! -Noelle

Supply list: solid cardstock, letter stamps, Espresso brown ink and pink upholstered brad: SU!; chipboard eggs: Recollections; buttons: Dress It Up and The Paper Studio; metal lowers: Making Memories; oval punch: EK Success/SU!; flower & scallop border sticker: We R Memory Keepers; large Easter brads and gingham paper: The Paper Studio; tab sticker: K and Company; From My Kitchen Cricut cartridge; embossing folder: Cuttlebug

DUST IT OFF!: Where to begin? SO many old goodies on this page! The large Easter brads, the buttons, the tab sticker, and those flower and border stickers as well. I don't own much in the way of Easter products, so I had fun scrounging around nooks and crannies of my studio for all these goodies;) What's better is that I LOVE the way this page turned out! 



PS, I found out only last night that THIS CARD was featured as the Pick of the Litter over at TCP on Friday, Woot, woot! I'm so excited, and also feeling a little dingy that it took me so many days to notice, things can get a little crazy with the boys home, lol. Thanks a MILLION, TCP! :)




1 comment:

Arielle H Gordon said...

Gorgeous layout, Noelle! Your details are just perfect, too! You have such an amazing style! So happy you're sharing your talent with us over at the colourQ!!! Thank you!