Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

CQC #76 You are my sunshine


Hi everyone! Here is my page for this week's colourQ! The colors are: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Kiwi Kiss, Early Espresso, and White. 

On this page are photos of one of my babies when he actually WAS a baby;) This is Ev when he was four months old! I can't believe how little he looks! This page was sort of a rescue mission for these photos. I used to have them in a frame, and then when I stashed all my "regular, year-round" deco at the holidays, the frame was broken and there was broken glass ALL over! It was one of those frames that had the pics sandwiched between 2 pieces of glass, and it was the piece on the back that broke, so I had to actually TEAR these pics off the cardstock they were mounted on (which was taped to the broken glass), so the backs of these photos are a complete mess, some of them a paper thin in areas. Anyway, I had saved them & once I got them mounted onto new cardstock they looked MUCH better and the colors seemed to work well with this weeks challenge. 

back of sun

front of sun

So, I pieced together this 12" paper from 2 separate sheets/scraps by Crate Paper, I put a yellow SU! border sticker down to hide the seam. I cut my title on the Cricut from some Bazzill textured cardstock in the Olive color & bordered the letters in Espresso. I mounted one pic in Olive, one in Kiwi and one in Espresso. The sun is made from a cut circle and punched hearts for the "rays." I printed my journaling on some patterned paper and after matting it, I accented the left side with an OA sticker that I put Ev's name on with some yellow sticker letters and I added a couple of those green glitter buttons I've been so fond of lately! My final touch were some pinwheels I made:) I hope you like my page!

Journaling

title cut on cricut with textured cardstock

pinwheels for fun!
Be SURE and head over to colourQ and check out the other samples, they are AWESOME! I hope you can play with us this week! Have a stellar (or should I say, sunny?) day! xoxo -Noelle


Supply List: patterned papers: Crate Paper, American Crafts, Stampin' Up!; textured cardstock: Bazzill; solid cardstock in challenge colors, heart punch, border sticker and decorative brads: SU!; white sticker letters: The Paper studio; yellow sticker letters: Crafts, etc.; Cricut cartridge: Don Juan; glitter buttons: Recollections; shaped sticker: October Afternoon



DUST IT OFF!: Most of that DSP is 2-3 years old (in fact, the CP ones are the backs of Christmas papers!); 3 heart punch; circle cutter; sticker letters in both colors







1 comment:

Kim S said...

I was just reading comments on my blog and came across yours saying you were in Littleton - we ARE neighbors!! I'm a fairly new blogger and it is so fun connecting with people in Australia, etc., but then to turn around and find people from my home town and then neighbors right here in the Denver area!

I love your "dust it off" goal. Last year I challenged myself to pull out all of my old Stampin' Up sets and make sure each and every one of them saw ink. It was really enjoyable to see some of the oldies!

And I am going to follow your blog for some scrapbooking inspiration. My goal this year was to let go of some cardmaking and get back to scrapbooking. It's March 16th and I haven't done a page yet??!!