Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tire Tracks (TCPTUES)

Hey there all! Here's my card for this week's TCP TUESDAY 152. The challenge this week is to make a shaped card. Which is a pretty fun and different challenge. They are also doing a blog hop at TCP this week, so go check out the hop! They had a new release last night and OH BOY, there is some GREAT new stuff in their line:) 

Sooooo, my card, I decided to use this adorable stamp set called "Joyride" LOOOOOVE this one! I made a circular card because I was **trying** to make a tire. As I was photographing it, I realized it looks more like a record album, whoops! If you are not as old as me, maybe YOU will think it looks like a tire since records were not your form of music growing up, right? lol, I was commiserating with my friends on facebook today, because I took the boys to a movie and one of those trivia things popped up on the screen, and it said "Justin Bieber was born in 1994."And all I could think was "Justin Bieber was born AFTER I graduated from high school!" LOL, so anyway, I had that as my status on facebook today, and we all had a good laugh about how old we are:) So, I was trying to make a tire, I cut a large black cardstock circle and used my scoring board to create the tire "tread." You can see that aspect far better in the lower pic, here.  Then I created my hubcap, well, let's go with "custom rim" right? I cut a smaller silver metallic cardstock circle and added some very old white metal hardware to it and put gold and pink rhinestones in the center of the hardware. I popped it up with dimensionals in the center of my "tire." I added my punched sentiment to the center of the hubcab and some rhinestone flourishes to the tire. For my bunny I stamped her twice, once on the green patterned paper and once on white where I colored her with Copics. I paper pieced the scooter with the patterned paper and added some pink gems for the lights. 
Tire "tread" is more obvious in this pic....

I hope you like my card! My husband just told me it looks like a sombrero, so we'll just see how many folks **get** that it's SUPPOSED to be a tire, lol! Have a great day! -Noelle

supply list: stamps:TCP; patterned papers;MME, American Crafts; colored rhinestones:MME; rhinestone flourishes:Recollections; scoring board:MSC; punches:EK Success and MSC; markers:Copic; black inkpad:Memento

DUST IT OFF!: Those white hardware pieces are so very old, I don't even know who made them, nice to use them up on this card!





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh this is super cute Noelle!! What a great idea! It would work great for record as well but looks great for a tire!! :)

Sylvia said...

What a terrific card, Noelle! I sure hope you get some time tomorrow to play on the Moxie Fab!(Sunday night deadline, girl, you can do it) I love your new picture!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Cute and fun, and very unique too!