Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Vintage look chipboard card (CTD 131)


Hey all, one more card I made today for Color Throwdown 131 & then another busy evening ahead! I used one of those chipboard accents I made the other day here. I went to TWO stores looking for the Melody Ross paper that goes with these fun brads/buttons but no one had any :( I decided these cool, weathered look, My Mind's Eye papers would be the next best thing... I layered some up using an Old Olive card base. Then I punched two holes in the chipboard and ran a piece of crochet ribbon through them. I also used the holes to adhere some of these sweet brads. I've been hoarding these for awhile, and now I'm using **gasp** THREE of them on one card! In the center of the chipboard I made another accent by layering a die cut paper button, a pink MR button and a gem. I stamped my sentiment on the striped MME paper and matted in Olive. for the final accent I made a pink ribbon ruffle and put another brad in the middle.
I think I will send this card to my friend, Jenny. She is another "crafty chick" who would like this, I think! :) Besides she bought my coffee the other day when i didn't have my wallet, so I wanted to send her something cute:)

I hope you have a great day!
-Noelle



supply list: button, epoxy brads, chipboard piece and chipboard impression stamp: Melody Ross; stamp, Espresso ink, Olive cardstock, button embosslit die: SU! patterned papers: My Mind's Eye; pink ribbon: My Favorite Things

dust it off: not much here that's old.... Old Olive cardstock, maybe? That color has been around a LONG time! ;) 

1 comment:

Sandy Ang said...

You worked the colour combo so beautifully on your card ! That hint of old olive just ties everything together so well.