Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thank You Sew Much (GS #76)

Hi everyone! here is a quick card I made this afternoon (only 20 minutes, go me!;) for the challenge this week over at Get Sketchy. Woot woot, my hot-air balloon card was featured over there today:) 

You can see I took a little bit of liberty with the sketch. Those 4 squares at the bottom just screamed "window" at me & I haven't made a window card in ages, so that's where I jumped off. I used some of this cute sewing paper from Stampin' Up! as well as the rub-ons and brad that coordinated. I made a card base out of Daffodil Delight and cut a 3" strip of the sewing machine patterned paper which I border punched and added a strip of Melon Mambo cardstock to the right side. I used my square punch to punch the window. My initial idea was to punch 4 square windows in keeping with the sketch, but my punch wasn't going to fit that way, so I just did a rectangular window instead. I put acetate behind the card front and I used a sewing machine rub-on on that. Inside the card I used the little pattern girl rub-on & I like the layered effect that is going on with the window. To embellish I added 2 buttons and a coordinating brad along with my punched sentiment (that stamp is TCP, obtw). In the upper left hand corner I used my very last **muffled sob** Melody Ross button :( I love those buttons and am SO mad at myself for not buying more when I had the chance! 
Well, that's it for me today, no supply list because I already said where everything was from in the post;)
Have a wonderful evening! -Noelle 



No comments: