Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sea You! (TCPTUES 151)













Hi there! I wanted to get a post in this week for TCP Tuesday! Here is the inspiration pic below. When I first saw this I thought, SUMMER!!! All the pink was a jumping off point and then I was even able to incorporate the cherry. You may be TOTALLY shocked by this, but I did a lot of fussy cutting on this card (I know, I know, I really HATE fussy cutting, so you never see it here, right?) But, my friend Sylvia had given a few tips on fussy cutting on her blog a few weeks ago here. So, I gathered my courage and stamped down my wave stamp several times on different blue papers. I dug out a new pair of MSC tiny scissors from my last Spotted Canary prize package, gathered my courage and took Sylvia's advice to go VERY slowly, and I think it turned out ok, don't you? I still can't say I'm a fan, because I really struggle with PATIENCE. I like to work pretty fast and fussy cutting is NOT fast. But, at least I know now that I CAN do it, if I want to. :) I hope you like my whale, isn't she cute? Have a great day!
-Noelle









supply list: stamps: TCP; cloud stamps: Unity; all patterned papers except polka-dot: MME/Stella and Rose; pink polka dot paper:OA; tab sticker: K & Company; water stickers: EK Success; inkpads in Baja Breeze and Melon Mambo: SU!; solid cardstock: SU!; mini buttons: unknown; die: Spellbinders

DUST IT OFF!: That tab sticker is ancient as are those mini buttons

4 comments:

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Oh my, the water coming out is just tooooooo cute!!!

Jenny said...

Very cute whale indeed Noelle! I am lovin that blowhole waterspout sticker- totally awesome touch! The fussy cutting looks great too- way to challenge yourself:)

Jackie Pedro said...

This is darling! All the fussy cutting is fab!LOVE the water "splat" from the blowhole!!

Nancy Thomas said...

Totally cute - love the colors and that water spout is a great touch.