Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Sunday, March 6, 2011

When the Sun is a bright Canary Yellow.... (Crate Paper and Tuesday Trigger challenges)

....I forget all the clouds I've ever seen.... and they call me a cock-eyed optimist, immature and incurably green." Do you know that song? It's from the musical South Pacific, one of my favorites! A good renter if you're looking for something to watch and you like musicals:) Couldn't help but think of that song as I worked on this page for the Crate Paper and Tuesday Trigger challenges. 

Tuesday Trigger
I pulled the colors as well as a vintage feel from the Trigger, I used all the Crate Paper papers and accents I could find in these colors, as well as those chipboard accents, from their "Snow Day" line of products.

Crate Paper colors
I personally love the color yellow, of course me being me there won't be just a pop or a hint of it, I'll just put it ALL OVER the whole page! ;) I kinda tend to be a "more is more" thinker when it comes to color, I guess. I used 3 different Crate Paper patterned papers for this page, 2 of them are holiday papers, believe it or not! Underneath that decorative strip I used some punched circles from a black/white GCD Designs paper, see how I lined them up to fit with the pattern on the Crate Paper strip? I also punched the same part of that b/w paper for all my circles, so the design is repeated. Little touches like that, details, can really make your pages sing! Even if they don't sing 40 year old Broadway tunes like yours truly ;) 
Some other details on this page are: a glass glittered "leaf," one of my hand made scallop circle flowers, some pleated polka dot ribbon and a WHOLE lotta buttons! I also used my labelmaker again, I love that thing!



Well, I hope you like my page:) Have a wonderful day! 
-Noelle

Supply List: 3 patterned papers, chipboard accents: Crate Paper; black and white paper: GCD Studio; yellow buttons, clear heart button, Medallion Stamp, Basic Gray inkpad, glass glitter: SU!; circle punch and scallop circle punch: EK Success; scallop circle die: Spellbinders; Vanilla Smooch Spritz; labelmaker, generic buttons and polka dot ribbon; yellow bakers twine: Jillibean Soup

DUST IT OFF! Labelmaker, buttons from old clothes, punches

1 comment:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Noelle! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)