Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Monday, March 14, 2011

Eggstra Special Card (TCPTUES 149)


Hey all! Another bout with insomnia last night (STUPID, stupid time change!) so I got up and made this card for this week's TCP Tuesday 149! The challenge this week is to go RETRO, and use one of the previous 148 challenges;) I went back to May 2010, because that was the month I began my blog in and I thought it might be fun to see what was going on at TCP then. I found this cool sketch from TCPTUES 109 & thought is was awesome! I decided to make my card an oval instead of a circle because I was trying to make an Easter egg;) But other than that I stuck VERY close to the original sketch. I paper pieced my chicken with this fun scrap I had of Kraft paper with words printed on it. I centered the chicken over the words "love art." I stamped eggs all around the chicken and colored them all in with SU! markers. I used green gems in the corners of the stamped panel. I had a pearl flourish and used the 2nd pearl flower in the center of the banner piece. I took the pearl center out of that one and replaced it with another green gem. I think the papers REALLY make this card special. This is some more MME Stella and Rose as well as some OA (the pink polka dot).



Well, that's it for me today! I hope you like my card! I hope you are having a wonderful week so far!

Take it easy, Noelle

Supply list: pattered papers: MME, Jillibean, and OA; stamps: TCP; markers & solid cardstock: SU!; oval cutter: CM; black ink: Memento; green gems: K and Company; pearl flourish and flowers: Recollections

DUST IT OFF!: oval cutter, SU! markers 

4 comments:

Alma de la Rosa said...

Super cute. LOVE the egg shaped card

Unknown said...

So beautiful! Very original, thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

What a great card Noelle!! The pieced chicken is fab!! :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a cute card! Love the shape and pretty embellishments Noelle. :o)