Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Luck o' the Irish

I'm Irish, no seriously I really am part Irish, all the time and not just in mid-March. My great grandfather came to the states from "the old country" and growing up my grandfather always sung to me little Irish songs and taught me some limericks as well, so, I LOOOOOVE St. Patty's Day! It's such a fun holiday, and stress free too:) There's minimal work, but a lot of fun on St. Patty's day:) Here are some projects for this year's "lucky" day;)




The first one is for TCP Tuesday 148, the challenge is to make a St. Patty's Day card. I thought about using PJ Bear, but, that just seemed a little expected, so I went with my favorite tutu bunnies instead:) I made the big one a skirt with some ribbon that I hand-stitched along the top and then pulled the ends together to gather it. Other than that, pretty self-explanatory card, I'd say. The accent in the corner is made with some punched paper, an old chipboard button, 4 mini punched hearts for the clover, and a glittery button.  I used the sentiment and the shamrock from the PJ Bear set & a variety of green solid and patterned cardstock for paper.


This next project was an idea I stole from Kelly Lunceford's blog Flutter by atomicbutterfly to create a St. Patty's Day decoration. You have GOT to click that link up there and check out Kelly's AMAZING banner. Hers is gorgeous and very vintage/shabby chic looking. I LOVE it, but I went a bit more modern with mine because my house decor tends to be a bit more modern than vintage, though I do love a vintage look:) I made my banner using my fave scallop punch, because I don't have a pennant/banner die or cartridge. That harlequin paper is cool, some of the diamonds are a metallic green color, but I liked how it still had a distressed feel as well. The colors in that paper were PERFECT for my house as I have a LOT of blue and brown in my house, though I have a lot of green accents too. I admit it, I'm a color junkie;) We bought a caramel brown sectional last year, and that was really hard for me as I LOVE color! I think I've managed to keep the color going on in here anyway though:) So, I matted my patterned paper banner pieces in pale blue and green and then spelled out the word "lucky" with some old chipboard letters that I glittered, and punched circles behind them. I accented my banner with some glitter buttons in 2 shades of green and a few shamrock and pot of gold stickers for fun. Kelly made the excellent point on her blog that it's really tough to find cute St. Pattys Day decorations that aren't, shall we say, a bit TOO green or glittery? I'm pretty happy with the one I made:)

Well, that's it for me! I hope you have a VERY lucky day! 
-Noelle

supply lists:
card: stamps:TCP; solid cardstock in Whisper White, Old Olive and Wild Wasabi, heart punch, circle punches and word window punch:SU!; patterned papers: MME, OA, K and Company; ruffled & herringbone ribbons: MFT; markers: Copic; black inkpad: Memento; die: Spellbinders

dust it off!: that chipboard button is so old & I'm not sure who made it either:)

banner: punches: EK Success; solid cardstock in Bashful Blue, Wild Wasabi and Garden Green, ribbon in Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue and Old Olive:SU!; chipboard letters: making memories; glitter buttons: Recollections; pot of gold and shamrock stickers: Jolee's; patterned paper: K and Company

dust it off!: chipboard letters from mm, they are 6 years old at least! 

No comments: