Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Letting Go (CTD #127 CCMC #136 FBW #140)


Hi all! Here is a pretty card for the Create With Connie and Mary sketch challenge and the Color Throwdown Challenge for this week. Once in a while a sketch and color challenge just seem to "fit" you know what I mean? That was true of these 2 for me. After I initially posted, I realized that it would also work for Flutterby Wednesday #140. That is a great challenge, the only requirement @ FBW is that your project have a butterfly, fairy or angel on it. I once had another card featured once over there, go here to see it. 

Lately I have been looking up inspirational quotes, Bible verses, etc. online. Loads of personal stress for me right now, and it helps me to have these snippets of positive/supportive words in my head to keep me going. I found this quote online and LOVED it. I was able to make it look like a stamp by messing with the fonts, etc. with it. So I guess you could say I created my own digi stamp, I've been doing that a bit lately... It's free, you should give it a go too! I also did that recently here on my inspirational sign. 


So, my card, I printed my quote out on patterned paper. I matted it in the Espresso brown and then created a larger rectangle in the Saffron color by stamping on it & then dry embossing it. Not sure that you can see the swirly stamp here, but it is on there. I also matted that in the Crumb Cake and the Espresso brown. My card front was Crumb Cake matted in Espresso again & I wrapped some ribbons around that. The circular panel is a 3 layer piece, and the stamped image was stamped in white craft ink and then I used mini sponge daubers to apply pastels over the craft ink for a soft look. I finished off the circle with some mini rhinestones around the edge. My original design plan was to have that be the card & then it just looked like there was a "hole" in the upper left hand corner visually. The butterfly image seemed to go with the theme of "letting go" for me. So I punched her out (the butterfly that is, doesn't it seem they are girls? I'm sure there are boy butterflies though..... hmmmmm;) and added a smaller punched piece for the body and a few more blue rhinestones. 


Well, I hope you like my card, please comment or follow if you can, I'd LOVE to hear from you! :)

DUST IT OFF! : that DSP, both of them are 2-4 years old. I've had my circle cutter for years, and of course there's always my trusty punches. 

supply list: solid cardstock in challenge colors, retired DSP, craft ink, pastels, Saffron inkpad, Just Believe stamp set. ribbons,  butterfly punch, large circle punch:SU!; scalloped circle die:Spellbinders; circle cutter:CM; embossing folder: Cuttlebug; mini clear and larger blue rhinestones; swirl stamp: Autumn Leaves, variety of fonts: Word for Mac.

Have a stellar day! -Noelle:)



8 comments:

Debbie Henderson said...

All of your elements sure did "fit" together! Great job on both challenges. Thanks for joining us at CCMC!

Deb said...

Wow! This is really soft and beautiful! I also love your quote! That's one I will have to remember! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, Noelle! I love how you used the Saffron shade as your main component....I always tend to go to blue when it's included!! Thanks for playing with the CTD!!!

Lisa Martz said...

Lots of detail. Very soft and pretty! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge!

Broni said...

Very pretty card! What a great way to combine the challenges! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Kristin Eberline said...

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful :]

Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week!

Connie Babbert said...

So pretty...wonderful quote! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

Love you beautiful colors on this! Thanks for playing along this week on the Create with Connie and Mary!