Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Welcome Baby Rosie (MFTWSC5)



Hi all, I just wanted to share a quick card for a friend. My dear friend from college, Juliana, had her third child over the weekend. They named her Rosalind or "Baby Rosie" :) You know, it really doesn't matter what rough things you are going through personally. The birth of a baby is always a reason to smile:) And I also have a new nephew, Baby Brady. Hoping to get to hold him soon! :)
Like I said recently, I'm doing pretty good with my "no/minimal spending on crafts" for the new year rule. I am really working on using the old. But when I saw this bundle over at My Favorite Things, I TOTALLY admit to splurging! I don't think you can still get the bundle with all the paper, gems and extra stamps, but here is the stamp set, it's called My How You've Grown-WTG. I have a few different baby and animal sets that I use for baby cards, but I am IN LOVE with this. it just is very special, and the way the sentiments are in the set, it could also be used for a grandmother, or an older child. Too cute! 
So, I've never played along at MFT before. It didn't appear there was a linky, so i will see if getting this on Splitcoaststampers works instead. 
Not really much new technique here, I paper pieced and used Copics on the main panel. everything on the card came from this bundle except for the ribbon and button. 
Well, I hope you have a stellar day! I've got soem more goodies I'm working on, so I will "see" you all, very soon! :)

-Noelle:)

DUST IT OFF! That blue ribbon is from the dollar spot at Target SEVERAL years ago;)

supply list: stamps: MFT; patterned paper: My Mind's Eye "Tickled Pink;" denim paper: The Paper Studio; paisley paper: Anna Griffin; scalloped rectangle die: Nestabilities; pink/white ribbon: American Crafts; blue ribbon: Target Dollar Spot; button: Melody Ross; punches: EK Success; solid cardstock in Whisper White, Pear Pizazz, Baja Breeze, and Cameo Coral: SU! markers: Copic; ink: Memento black


2 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a precious card! Love that image with the paper-piecing. :o)

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, I agree, this is the most precious stamp set and you have created an awesome card with it!!! I love your paper piecing and the great papers....beautifully done!!!!