Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

CQC #71/Cameo Challenge for Moxie Fab World






Hey all, it's Tuesday, and that means time for another awesome color challenge over at colourQ!!! Please go check out the FABULOUS samples my DT buds have for you today. I have to admit I was almost baffled when I saw these colors, as I've said before, pale pink is not my thing! But then I had the idea to incorporate these colors with the Cameo Challenge over at Moxie Fab World !!! We are on (yet another....) snow day, so I had some time. 

In keeping with the "cameo" idea, I wanted my main panel on this to be an oval shape. Behind the oval is a Kraft card base that has been scored around the edges, there is also the negative frame from a Top Note die cut in Pretty In Pink. I have to admit, that was the ONLY piece I have in Pretty In Pink, so I HAD to use it! ;) I dry embossed the frame in my Cuttlebug and then layered a strip of Kraft patterned paper on a strip of Pink Pirouette. The oval panel is Blushing Bride, which is probably my fave color of these 3 pinks. It has a orangey quality to it, which I like. for the image of the cameo I was in a bit of a pickle. I didn't have any die cut cartridges with a profile or a silhouette of a lady on them. Then I started thinking how cameos were not always profiles or silhouettes of PEOPLE. Actually, insects have been popular motifs on jewelry etc. for hundreds of years. So, the bee seemed a good fit for the card. Here is a cool sample of a cameo look bee necklace I found on etsy! :) The final detail on this card was this cool flower from Martha Stewart Crafts:)

I hope you like my card! Please comment or follow if you can, I'd LOVE to hear from you! :)

Have a stellar day! 
-Noelle :)

DUST IT OFF!: My old-school CM oval cutter hasn't seen the light of day in a while now! 

Supply List: solid cardstock in challenge colors:SU!; oval cutter: CM; kraft patterned paper and pink gems: K and Company, Home Decor Cricut cartridge; flower: Martha Stewart Crafts; button: Melody Ross

1 comment:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your unique approach to the Appearance of Cameos challenge. Very cool.