Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

One more K & Co valentine for Spotted Canary hearts challenge


Hi all! here is another quick Valentine I made for the "hearts" challenge over at Spotted Canary! that link will take you right to the thread if you want to participate, you know I am a fan of the site and their challenges:) This card was really simple, I used some of the flowered Martha Stewart Crafts paper I won in challenge over there in December:) I just layered that up with some solid pink on a red card base. Then I added one of the heart shaped doilies that I picked up in the dollar spot at Target. The heart punch I have was just about a perfect fit to layer on the solid center of the doily. The final layer before the ribbon embellishment was one of those K and Company vintage valentine die cuts. I am IN LOVE with those die cuts! They are so cute, and even though I have used a TON already, I still have more than enough to make a bunch more Valentines next year:) 
The ribbon embellishment was actually threaded through the crease in the card. I just punched a hole in the fold and threaded it right through. After tying the ribbon, I added some scraps of crochet trim and tied them to my ribbon with some of my baker's twine. the final touch was a heart pin.

I hope you like my card! Thanks for stopping by & have a GREAT day:)

-Noelle:)

supply list: patterned paper: MSC; solid cardstock & crochet trim: SU!; die cut & heart pin: K and Company; ribbon: Michaels: heart punch: EK Success/SU!; doily: Target



1 comment:

Kim Lundstrom said...

I am so glad you didn't read the details very well on this challenge. Your card is absolutely beautiful and I wouldn't have gotten to see it otherwise.