Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

For My Mom


Hi all! aren't you SO proud? And since you may have NO clue what I'm talking about, I'm talking about THREE posts in one day! YES! Definitely on a creative jag these last few days.... This card is for my MOM. She loves hot air balloons and always has:) She has also been very supportive lately and I really have needed her these last few weeks. I am so very blessed to have such a great Mom:) And.... (just in case she is reading this...) I love you Mom!

Ok, my card, this is for colourQ #73 (be sure to head over & check it out!) and a (new to me!) sketch challenge Get Sketchy #75.

Ok, so my card, I wanted to use these new stamps I bought recently from Unity. They are 2 different sets, you can check them out here. The first thing I did was that circle panel. I stamped the cloud background onto a scrap of Brocade Blue cardstock in Brilliant Blue ink. Then I matted it in Brilliant blue as well. I stamped the balloon down twice once on a Pear Pizzaz patterned piece of DSP and once on a Razzleberry piece. I paper pieced the balloon together and added a glittery brad at the top. I adhered the balloon to my circle panel, and added a die cut cloud to accent. For the sentiment I tried a new trend I've been noticing lately, and it fits right in with my "what's old is new again" ideas. VELLUM is making a comeback, and I keep seeing it used like this, little strips with sentiments on them or dry embossed strips, still allowing the rest of the design to show through. I love this look! The only problem with vellum is you need to heat emboss the ink on it, or it will smear. Also, adhesive is bound to show through. To combat these problems, I heat embossed my sentiment with clear EP after stamping to set it. I held my vellum in place with 2 more fun glitter brads. The green panel of the card was stamped with some single clouds from my Unity set. I added my other die cut clouds for effect. Other than that, just a couple mats, and Voila! ;) I hope you like it:) I'm pretty sure my Mom will.


Have a super day! Comment or follow if you can, I'd LOVE to hear from you! :)

-Noelle

supply list: stamps: Unity; sentiment stamp:TCP; solid cardstock, blue ink, DSP:SU!; green patterned paper: My Mind's Eye; glitter brads: American Crafts; cloud die:MFT

DUST IT OFF!: Can anyone say vellum? It's old along with the retired SU! cardstock in Brocade and Brilliant Blue.


2 comments:

PapierGirl said...

Darling! Love the colors and the soft clouds! Thanks for joining us this week at GS! :)

Sylvia said...

Way to go, Noelle!