Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Saturday, March 24, 2012

TCPTUES 201 & 202 Bright and Springy


Hi there! Once again, I'm catching up on my Cat's Pajamas challenges, I know I've mentioned before, thank GOODNESS we get the whole month to play, otherwise, I'd never make it! ;) It was really fun to ink up some new stamps I had from there, and play with my new dies, too. This card (above) is for TCPTUES202, a "grass" challenge. I don't have the "Kick Some Grass" stamp set, but I did use my new grass die, and also the clouds die, as well as this cute set from the last release called Warm Fuzzies. This card reminds me of the "normal" Springtime we have here in the Rockies.... Beautiful, clear, fabulous blue skies, and COLD! See how cold she is? She's wearing her scarf over her nose! And the little birdie is so cold, he's hanging out on her head! LOL ;) We have been lucky this year, though, soooo much warmer than normal March in CO! It was almost 80 today! Woot woot! Here's another pic, I just got this rainbow paper, and I love the colors/mood it set for this card.
For the "grass" part of the challenge, I layered up several layers of grass behind my little friend, there. Here's a close-up:

Moving backwards in time to TCPTUES201, there was an inspiration challenge; here's the inspiration pic:
and here's my card for that one:

This is another new set, Away We Go, it was released last year, I think. The pistachio cupcake frosting in the photo made me go green for Mr. Bun. He looks good in green, dontcha think? ;) I used the striped paper on the main panel, "channeling" the chevron print on the inspiration pic. I wanted the background sort of in the vein of the recent cloud thank you card that I made, in that I wanted to fit the die cut clouds together with the "sky" pieces, like a puzzle. So, that's what I did, but the TCP cloud die is a strip of clouds. Here's a closer photo:

I paper pieced the hot air balloon, and Mr. Bun. I used the Circus Panel CutUps for the sentiment. 

Well, that is all for me, for this weekend! I will be back Tuesday with a very Springy ColourQ palette! See you then:)

xoxox, Noelle

supply list: stamps: TCP; dies: TCP & Spellbinders; papers: echo Park, MME, Recollections, SU!; punches: EK Success; buttons: dear lizzy, pebbles; large velvet adhesive "buttons": Jolee's Parcel; aqua Divine Twine; Copic Markers; Zig chalk markers; SU! markers

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

ok seriously these are so darn cute. I love all those rainbows and how cute that image is...