Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Birthday Girl Card (TCPTUES200/CQC127)


Hi there! Hope you guys are doing well, I am behind on commenting and posting this week, I had a terrible migraine yesterday, and it totally threw me off! I think I had mentioned that I made this paper flower in this week's ColourQ colors, and I also wanted to play along with this week's TCPTUES200 sketch, they are also offering a free printable booklet of sketches at that link to celebrate their 200th challenge :) Here's the palette and the sketch:

This was the first time I'd ever tried doing the "invisible" or the "naked' Copic technique. Essentially you use a very light permanent ink (I used a Memento ink in pale pink) and then color with your Copics, leaving the outline untouched, it's kind of cool, and definitely takes some Copic skill... I'm definitely a beginner when it comes to Copics, so trust me when I say, I know this isn't perfect! But I did like the "watercolor" effect that it gave this sweet image from Wet Puddle. I also used the log from Tutu Much, and the mini stamps for the sentiment from the new Build-A-Bingo set. I also used the "Big Scallop" CutUp along the bottom. I am really excited because I get to play soon with their next release as January's Swanky Stamper! Yea! :)

You can see I used my paper flower in lieu of the big button, I also hand cut some leaves to go with it. The papers are all older MME. 

Well, that is all for me today! I will be getting comments returned before I get to bed tonight! Have a stellar evening. :)

xoxo, Noelle

supply list: stamps: TCP; die: TCP; punches: EK Success; DP: MME; solid cardstock: SU!; Copic markers; pink & brown Memento inkpads

DUST IT OFF!: Some older stamps, and some papers that have been around awhile, really serve to make a sweet, feminine card. 





7 comments:

Marybeth said...

Your card is just beautiful . Love that cute little girl stamp and the way you colored her. The patterned pink paper was a great idea. Wonderful job with both challenges .

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Noelle, I love that little girl and all those wonderful squares! Sorry about your migraine, when I get them nothing gets done. I always got them in Colorado when the pressure change and that was fairly often this time of year. However I am really creative after it is gone! Have a wonderful Friday!

Alma de la Rosa said...

Just so sweet. The colors are just amazing and this coloring technique is terrific! I love how you mixed all the different stamps from the different sets together on this one card.

Annette Allen said...

this is just too sweet...cute little girl image...

Happy Friday

Jen Mitchell said...

I think the image is colored beautifully! And I really like the big flower!

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a sweet card and image.

KelliJo said...

Wow Noelle! I haven't heard of this coloring technique before or at least I sure don't remember it! LOL Your card is fabulous, love all that pink and that flower is DELISH!