Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Friday, March 2, 2012

Hello card (Tuesday Trigger)


Hey there!! Hope you all are having a happy Friday, I am! Got to spend some fun shopping/lunch/girl time with my Mom today. It was really great... I got some new funky candleholders for my dining room table, and a maxi skirt for summer (in the olive color). I think I could wear it now though, with a turtleneck and boots. I don't have any skirts that are long like that, and I thought it might be a cute alternative to capri pants or shorts for summertime.... I am trying to pull out of a clothing rut! Do you ever find yourself buying/wearing the same kind of thing over and over again? I almost bought a navy blue pullover hoodie today.... until I realized I had 2 at home! So, that's my new rule of shopping, no buying anything where I have anything remotely similar already! ;)

Well, I'm guesin' you'd like to see a card or something today. ;) This is challenge I love and have been meaning to play more, and when I saw this photo, I knew I had to play this Tuesday Trigger. Here's the Trigger photo. Isn't that little sachet ADORABLE??? Too cute. 

I initially thought of making the whole card into a house, and then I thought of doing something similar to this card from last week (can you tell how crazy I am about these papers??) ;) 

But in the end, I thought it would be most fun to create a little scene. I had this little house cut in my stash. I don't own this die, but it was in the bag of die-cut pieces that I got in the SWAP we did at ColourQ, so thank you to Kara for that darling felt house! I really have used so many of the pieces she sent, but when I have leftover die-cut pieces of my own, do I ever use them? Hardly ever! LOL, ok back to the card...

I was really inspired by the patterns on the Trigger photo, of course the house was a jumping off point, and also the "cottagey" feel the Trigger gave really inspired my happy little scene. The rainbow was a last minute idea.... I just really felt there needed to be another "piece" to the scene, and I'm glad I added it, it gives the card the happy feeling I was going for. 

Well, that is all for me today! I hope you have a stellar weekend!! 

big hugs, Noelle

supply list: dies: Spellbinders, Lil' Inker, MFT, PTI; stamp: Lil' Inker; papers: American Crafts, MME, K&Company, SU!; buttons: SU!, American Crafts; Pebbles; fringe scissors: Marta Stewart Crafts; ribbon: Martha Stewart Crafts

DUST IT OFF!: One crafters extras become another's treasure as shown by me using so many of Kara's die cut pieces, but so few of my own! Have a SWAP with your group, and see what might become "new for you!" :)

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, Noelle! You really captured the trigger this week. Hope you have had a good Saturday!

Kelly Griglione said...

Oooh, I love how you used the ribbon for the chimney! I don't think I've seen that die with a chimney before - looks great!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Noelle! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

franzesjoi said...

noelle, as always.... the card is soo beautiful ang happy colours... :)