Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Color Me Hoppy (RS1/TCPTUES199)


hello, hello! Happy saturday :) I have a busy day ahead, but I could not resist playing these 2 challenges... ArielleKasiaLori (all three ColourQ ladies, in fact you know Arielle started that fun blog that I get great joy from working on/playing with!) and Jackie have created a new blog! It's called Retro Sketches! This is their very first challenge, and this sketch is truly fabulous. Here it is: 

I also am putting this in for this week's TCPTUES199 challenge, to make a card with a "breath of fresh air," i.e. an outdoors theme. Also, we were supposed to use the cloud border CutUp, but I don't have that, so I just used Field of Pinwheels, and a sentiment from Bunny Side Up. Here is my card again: 

I have been waiting for the perfect card to use this cute OA paper one, I used both sides of the patterned cardstock, and the colors: Pool Party, Island Indigo, Old Olive, and Ivory. I colored Mr. Bun with Copics, and when I cut him out, I allowed his feet and ear to sort of "hang over" the edge of the rectangle I was cutting. I used the 3 vertical strips as pinwheel sticks. 

Well that is all for me! I hope you like my card :) Have a great weekend!! 

xoxo, Noelle

supply list: stamps: TCP; patterned paper: october Afternoon; solid cardstock: SU!; brads: SU!; markers: Copic

DUST IT OFF!: Those brads are really old, and haven't seen the light of day in awhile! Now, I only have 2 left in the container to use up :) 



10 comments:

LeAnne said...

Super cute! I love your pinwheels! And the sketch, of course!

Arielle H Gordon said...

HEY NOELLE! YOU'RE FIRST - YAY!!! I love your card, the pinwheel are the perfect element to use in the sketch! Thank you SO MUCH for being our first entry at retrosketches!!!

Marlena M. said...

Darling card, Noelle! I love those pinwheels. ;)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a super cute card Noelle. Love the image, the colors... the pinwheels look great with the brads.

Sylvia said...

What a fun card and sketch for sure, Noelle! You are one busy lady turning out some beautiful cards this week! Have a wonderful Sunday.

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

how lovely! Really beautiful!

kasia c. said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pinwheels, Noelle! Fabulous. :)

Jackie Rockwell said...

Hi Noelle! Your pinwheels for the strips on the sketch are very clever! Good thing you found those brads in your stash, because they look great! Glad you played our first ever RetroSketches Challenge!

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a cute card, I love your pinwheels.

Marybeth said...

Adorable card, love your take on the sketch with the pinwheels. Cute rabbit too!