Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Monday, March 19, 2012

I'll have a neutral Christmas without you... (RS3, JB12-06, PP87)


Hi there, folks! I believe this is probably only my 1st or 2nd Christmas card of 2012, which is kind of unusual, since Christmas cards are usually my favorite. I just kind of got burned out on them, after making so many last fall and winter. But, I think I'm ready to dive back into the ocean of holiday cards! ;) Between recovering from strep, and trying to get some cards done for the Stamping Royalty contest, I have missed playing many challenges recently. Here was a great opportunity for me to combine 3 awesome challenges that I love to play. :)  This is for Retrosketches 3, Jingle Belles Neutral Noel inspiration challenge (JB12-06), and Paper Players 87; to go CAS with buttons. Here's the graphics from the various challenges:


 

I knew this old Christmas tree stamp was the one I was going to want to use as soon as I saw the Jingle Belles photo. I figured heat embossing this stamp in gold EP, would give the same feel as the pillows have. And the buttons became the perfect "ornaments," don't you think? I kept the card CAS by a single layer front instead of matting and layering. I also think the rounded corners add to the CAS feel. I wanted to keep this card rustic, and neutral, but with a very elegant vibe, because that's the feeling I get from the pillows in the inspiration photos. 

I found this awesome DP in my stash, I think it's my last sheet of this particular one, boo. :( Love the snowflakes on kraft. I didn't end up putting a sentiment on the card front, but I really liked it and didn't want it to get too busy. :) 

Well, that is all for me tonight! I have a pretty ColourQ card for you tomorrow, and I plan to get to some TCP challenges this week, too. 

hugs! Noelle


supply list: DP: echo park; stamp & seam binding ribbon: Stampin' Up!; buttons: reclaimed; gold EP & heat gun; die: Spellbinders

DUST IT OFF!: An old stamp and gold EP haven't seen the light of day in awhile, but combine to make a pretty, rustic card that I'll be proud to give away! Also, the buttons are from my random/reclaimed/extras from clothing jar. 


9 comments:

LeAnne said...

I had to laugh when I saw your card because I knew almost every single challenge you were doing....I have them all listed in my notebook as ones I want to do too!!! Unfortunately I haven't succeeded as well as you have! I think this is just lovely....a beautiful way to use those neutrals, the sketch AND the buttons! Thanks for playing with us this week at the Paper Players and using those buttons!

kasia c. said...

Noelle, this is seriously awesome!!
This is such a beautiful neutral Christmas card. :)

Jackie Rockwell said...

I just love neutral cards! This is so pretty Noelle! The different buttons add so much interest! Thanks for playing along with us at Retrosketches!

Sherry Eckblad said...

What a great Christmas card and non-traditional colors too. Thanks for playing with the Paper Players.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hello there, Noelle! I love your post title, you are too funny! Your card is GORGEOUS! Love those rich neutrals and the beautiful button accents. Crisp, clean and classy, all the way! Wow! So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week! Hugs! :)

lauren bergold said...

soooooooooooooooo much to ♥LOVE♥ here miss noelle: awesome snowflakes on kraft... super-chic gold embossed tree... button ornaments... fabulous ribbon!!! YUMMMMMM! a brilliant (in every sense) take on both the sketch and the "neutral noel" (or in this case neutral NOELLE, lol!!!) inspiration! ♥

SmilynStef said...

Love that elegant holiday tree ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

Arielle H Gordon said...

So beautiful Noelle - I love the earthy tones! That's always been a favorite stamp of mine! Thank you so much for playing with us at RetroSketches this week!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness Noelle this is just beautiful!!