Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Sunday, March 4, 2012

My Help... (CQC127/PP85/SFYTT)


Hello hello! Time for another (fabulously gorgeous!!) palette at the colourQ today! Here's the pretty palette:
cqc127
I am also including this for Paper Players 85, "Spring has Sprung" challenge:
I also used this month's sketch for you to try, here is the sketch:
mar2012sketch

I just couldn't get past doing a very traditional, flowery card with this... I really wanted to get more creative (Kasia did, I LOVE her card this week, it is so fun!) but.... girly/feminine/Springy/traditional is where I ended up, which is really ok since I haven't made such a flowery card in awhile. I also started out with the intent of making a birthday card, but I couldn't resist using this beautiful Verve stamp... this is such a lovely verse... I have been reading my Bible a lot more as of late, and I have had so much peace in my heart, such a good feeling! So, I don't know who will end up with this... I did end up making a paper flower for this that didn't end up getting used, so maybe I'll still get around to making a birthday card this week with this palette! Here's another view..

The flower stamps are PTI that I won from Lynn's blog. I layered the Bible verse stamp on top of that. The green die-cut paper, is not really as yellow as the photos show... it is a little more yellowy that Certainly Celery, but it does appear a lot more yellow in these pics, I tried to adjust the color in iPhoto, but was unable to get it looking more green, and get everything else to stay it's actual color!
As I mentioned, I made a flower, for where the cross is, but it was too big, and sort of too riotous/happy/wild for the card. But I really like how the die cut cross turned out. This could be a pretty Easter card, or even a sympathy card, I guess.

Well, I am so happy you stopped by! I really hope you will be able to come play with us at ColourQ this week! Would love to have you join us!! :)

xoxox, Noelle

supply list: stamps: PTI, Verve; papers: K&Company, MME, Stampin' Up!; woodgrain embossing folder: sizzix/Tim Holtz; inkpads: SU! and Memento brown; flower punch: SU! (retired 3 flower punch); orange pearl: recollections

DUST IT OFF!: Those papers have been around awhile.... good to use them! :)



16 comments:

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Noelle, love your flowery version! Hope you are having good weather, but after all it is March in the Rockies, so any snow this week? Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Alexia Misso said...

Very pretty Noelle! Awesome job!

LeAnne said...

This is lovely! I agree that Kasia's card was cute, but this is just as springy & fresh!! Great sketch and of course, I am thrilled you submitted it to the Paper Players as well!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, how pretty Noelle. The colors look great. Love how you stamped the greeting over the flowers. Great layers and elements.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Love the embossing along with those sweet flowers that you put no your card. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players.

Unknown said...

Very pretty card.Love the sentiments and your take on the challenges

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

this is so beautiful! Love it!

Jaydee said...

Noelle, fabulous card. Love how you used the flowers as the background and then over-stamped the sentiment. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Anonymous said...

I love this card! The cross is beautiful!

Ann Schach said...

A beautiful card, Noelle! I love the texture and the cross! The floral image is a perfect backdrop for the sentiment. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Noelle, this is just gorgeous!!! I love the layout and the colors - you did a FABULOUS job!

Christina said...

What a pretty spring card, Noelle! I haven't used these flowers stamps in ages, but they look wonderful stamped behind the sentiment. Love how you added the woodgrain texture, too!

Nance Leedy said...

Beautiful springtime card Noelle! I adore your multi-colored flowers and the over-stamped sentiment adds so much interest. Lovely card and I'm so glad you shared it with us at The Paper Players! :-)

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty Noelle! Love the way you showcased the colors and the sketch along with the spring theme! THe sentiment stamped over the image is a sweet touch that really adds so much to the entire design. Very pretty! So glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players!

Tracey McNeely said...

All beautiful card Noelle, and your colourQ is beautiful.

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card Noelle! Hugs ~S~