Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Family reunion at Glen Eyrie Castle scrapbook layout (CQC128)


Aye, laddies and lassies! Hope you are ready for a very green color palette at ColourQ this week! Here it is... 
cqc128

I really loved the gray and ivory with these 3 greens, and though I do tend to struggle a bit with tonal challenges like this one, I am really happy with the way this turned out. This was the family reunion we went to last summer! My parents set it up at beautiful Glen Eyrie Castle and conference center. These photos turned out beautifully with these colors, I really like the way they look backed with all that glorious green! :)

I knew I definitely wanted a lot of glitz and glitter on this page... I'd been toying with the idea of having the corners torn. and the DP peeking out from behind.... I just didn't have the **just right** DP, until I went to Michaels yesterday... When I saw this green/glittery/ivory and gray text AWESOMENESS, I knew I had my match! :) So after I had my corners torn, all edges inked, and the DP in place, I went to work on the title, which (as often is the case with my pages..) was where the real "meat" of the design fell into place. 

Pulled out these ANCIENT chipboard letters and coated them with a layer of glue, craft glitter, and a spray ink in gold to seal. Then I somehow managed to get the glitter/glue MESS all over everything until it dried, and had to fix two letters. Ces't la vie, no one is perfect, 'specially not me! Then, while they were drying, I worked on the rest... "Eyrie" is **gasp** hand-lettered in pencil, covered in Going Gray marker, and then coated with Frosted Lace Stickles. Everything else is stickers. The tiny letters on the LH side... I ran out of a's and had to cut the "at" from a sticker that said "create!" The little banner that says "castle" also features a layered Fleur-di-lis brad/button embellishment. I repeated this element in triplicate on page two of the layout. 

I cut out the castle on my Cricut (Paper Dolls Dress Up cartridge). I added some color to it with markers, and more Stickles to give in a little shine. 


for page 2 of my layouts, I often try to coordinate, but not overpower page one (the LH page is always page 1, remember how we read L to R). So you will notice, the photos aren't matted, and I've kept that embellishment simple. All the journaling was done on the computer... andf darn it I still wound up with a couple grammatical errors! :( Try to ignore it! 

Add caption

Well, that is all for me today! Luck 'o the Irish to you this week, and I hope you'll come play at lucky ColourQ this week! ;)

big hugs, Noelle

supply list: DP: recollections; chipboard letters: making memories; sticker letters: Cosmo Cricket, and Sticko; Paper Dolls Dress Up Cricut Cratridge; punches: EK Success; solid cardstock: stampin' Up!; green buttons; fleur-di-lis brads; Frosted Lace Stickles; gel glue, green glitter; gold spray ink; coordinating pens

DUST IT OFF!: those chipboard letters and fleur-di-lis brads are SOOOOOOO old! feels great to use them and have it turn out so cute! :)

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! I have heard of that place---I think there was a Christian conference there and I was thinking I would LOVE to go...but it's a little far for us Pennsylvanians! What a fun page, though....lots of glitz is always good!

Unknown said...

Great double layout!!

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

this is really beautiful made, i love to see this, thanks for sharing!

Marlena M. said...

So much work went into this layout. It's perfect, Noelle. I love the glittery chipboard letters and swirly handwritten Eyrie. It's wonderful that you added the history for a reference. Awesome pics of course! ;)

Tracey McNeely said...

Stunning Noelle, I always love your layouts!

Silke Ledlow said...

Noelle, your pages are fabulous! I hope to scrap one day :) !!! Hugs ~S~