Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Friday, March 23, 2012

Flying W Ranch scrapbook layout (LYB sketch challenge)



Hi there! Decided to try a new challenge today :) This is for the Little Yellow Bicycle Feb/March sketch challenge. And here is the fabulously dynamic sketch; LOVE this, it's a keeper! :) The pics are from the last night of the family reunion we had last summer. The last evening of the reunion, we had a fun dinner at the Flying W Ranch. It's a western place, a real working ranch, and they have a fun cowboy show with dinner. The boys loved it, we had such a fun time! :) Most of the product I used on this LO was from LYB's new Saturdays collection, I love the denim feel to this collection! And, I love that is has an elegance to it, but is still appropriate for the boys pics, which you know, is mostly what I scrap, so that's a big deal to me! :)
LYB_FEB_MAR_LizQualman

You can see, I used the sketch for my first (LH) page, and then created a companion page on the right of my own layout. :)


I don't mind telling you.... backstitching that baker's twine all around the border of the page was very time-consuming! Not for the quick scrapper, it took over an hour, so I "cheated" a bit on the second page, and just added the stitching to the top of the pocket piece. I wanted to draw the element into that page, but I wasn't up for another 90 minutes of sewing! Ha! Plus my finger and thumb were really starting to smart! ;) LOL 

Some elements on the first page. I used my old-school star punches, and some old denim brads from my stash...




For the second page; I did all the accessorizing on the pocket piece, using several stickers, some staples, and a tag for journaling. 

Well, that is all for me today! if you want to play this challenge, too, you need to upload your page to the   Little Yellow Bicycle facebook fan page, the deadline is tomorrow! :)

Have a stellar day! 

xoxox, Noelle


all products are LYB except punches: EK Success & Stampin' Up! star punches are retired; denim brads: manufacturer unknown (maybe Oriental Trading?); bakers twine: Divine Twine; stapler; paper piercer

DUST IT OFF!: Those star punches are retired, and the denim brads are so old, I'm not even sure who made them. But they look fresh and new when combined with this new collection. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome double layout xx