Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Dotty Wishes (CQC129)



Hi there! I am sooooooo excited to show you this fabulous color palette we have for you at ColourQ this week! :)
This is right up my alley; blues and purples!
cqc129


I love the feminine feel, too. I made my card using my new goodies from Lil' Inker, I can tell you , I will be using this set ALOT. Extremely versatile! And I love the big banner die (running down the center of the card there). I stamped and die cut the dotted piece, and then colored the dots in with a chalk marker. I used a variety of older papers, those die-cut photo mats are really cool to cut up and use on cards, I find I use them far more that way than actually on scrapbook pages.


These colors reminded me of something. When I was pregnant with Evan, I was **certain** I was having a girl (well, we all know how that turned out, not so much!) ;) Anyway, at the time, I was very sick (had hyperemesis) and I spent a lot of time browsing baby bedding online, dreaming up a nursery, it kept me occupied! I fell in love with this gorgeous baby girl bedding, it was limited stock at that time, so I'm sure I couldn't find it now to show you. Anyway, it was really pretty and feminine, but no pink, you know how light pink is really not my favorite. ;) This card really reminds me of it. It had white polka dots, I remember that, and some subtle patterns, different shades of blue and purple. And fast-forward to the happy ending of the story, that I had a precious redheaded baby boy, 3rd of 3 boys, and he had a circus room. And this is a picture of the adorable bedding he had. ;)


Well, that is all for me today! What do these colors remind YOU of? Hope you'll make something to play with us at ColourQ this week! :)


xoxo, Noelle

supply list: papers: K&Company, DCWV; stamps and dies: Lil' Inker; gems: Recollections; solid cardstock and inks: Stampin' Up!; blue chalk marker: Zig 

DUST IT OFF!: a variety of old papers make a fresh, pretty, feminine card. And, remember, mat pads aren't just for matting photos! All the papers used are from mat pads, and the die cut ones make really fun decorative borders, too! 

8 comments:

Annette Allen said...

Very pretty...love all your fun layers...such a cute card..

LeAnne said...

Love this---and I am so happy that Laura made a BIG banner die! I need to hop over there and see it! I love the combination of papers you've used!

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card!!!

Sylvia said...

Hi Noelle, I love your card and these colors. I think they remind me of the birthday cakes my mom used to make for me. She always used seven minute frosting and iced an angel food cake, the placed violets and what ever other tiny flowers, grape hyacinths on a piece of wax paper and in the center of the cake. Sometimes she would add swirls of food coloring. I am not a fan of pink either. Have a wonderful day!

Tracey McNeely said...

Noelle that banner running down the centre is just awesome and your patterned papers are awesome. Great job.

Shelly Koskinen said...

Love your card!!

Christina said...

Great tip about the photo mats! I love the big banner you used and the double ended one layered over the die cut label. I didn't want pink for my little girl's room either, so she wound up with green. When she moved into a bigger room she got yellow. Now that she's 6, she wants to paint it in rainbows. :)

Arielle H Gordon said...

Your card is just super gorgeous! I love the layers and everything about it! Love seeing your take on the colors, Noelle!