Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ferris Wheel/Elitch's scrapbook layout (CQC130)

Hi there, before I even get started writing this post, I want to apologize for the quality of these photos.... they really are not the greatest. I was editing these, and realizing I should take some more and start over, when Ev spilled coffee all over the pages. Really not a great moment, particularly since I really struggled with these, and had been working on them on and off for the 3 days prior. Grrrrr.... but what can you do, right? So, these are for this bright juicy palette at ColourQ this week! Here it is, so you can see.

cqc130
I thought these amusement park pics would be a good fit for the colors, Even though I tend to shy away from pink on the boys pages, this bright pink really added a fun vibe to the pages. I was really tickled with the way that still ferris wheel photo turned out. I'm trying to add more still life to my pages, it really can be an interesting addition. I was going to just do a single page, but all these photos of Collin and Evan were so good, I decided to do a second page. I didn't have another sheet of the same green paper I used on the LH page, and had to alternate, and do the opposite (pink/green instead of green/pink) for the RH page.
These glittery silver sticker letters are so cute, and perfect for an amusement park page. I am only bummed you can't see them better in these pics. I didn't have many embellishments in the right colors, and thought the tickets would be a cute accent, so I stamped them and cut them out by hand. the funny thing is, at Elitch's, you just pay one price to get in, you don't have tickets like at a carnival, but it still turned out fun, don't you think? :)
Really wanted to include a Ferris Wheel accent somewhere on the layout, so I found a free Ferris Wheel clip art here, and my sweet hubby helped me change it into a vector, so I could cut it with SCAL. He rocks, and actually it wasn't difficult, but I don't think I would have figured out to rename the file to get SCAL to cut it on my own. I don't really speak computer, even Mac! ;)
Well, that is all for me today! Have a wonderful day & I will "see" you soon! :)

hugs, Noelle

supply list: papers: Stampin' Up!, DCWV, MME, letter stickers: Sticko; stamps: Inkadinkado; stickers: The Paper Studio; SCAL software

DUST IT OFF!: Those papers are really old & I've never used those ticket stamps before, but they sure are cute! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

super sweet layout. love how bright and happy it is!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Awesome layout Noelle. those ticket stamps are amazing.