Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Monday, September 12, 2011

"The Lord is your Sun and your Shield.." (Moxie Fab Square Sketch challenge)


Hey there! Sorry for the blog delay. After breaking his arm AGAIN on Thursday, Ian is feeling better (and went to school today, Yea!) but I am gearing up for ONE HECK of a busy week, so there was a WHOLE LOT of errands and chores to do this weekend.

I haven't done a Moxie Fab challenge in WAY too long! So I was glad I managed to get to this one! This is for the Square Sketch Challenge. I actually submitted some cards for this publication with the sketches, but I hadn't used this one yet. Here's the sketch: 

The rules of Moxie Fab sketches state that a flower can indicate ANY shape on a card. Those strong lines pointing out and up made me think of rays on a sun, so that was my jumping off point for this card. I wanted that feeling in the background, too, so I made this background with "rays" to mimic light coming off the sun into the sky. The way I made the background was this:

1: Cut two identical squares of cardstock to 5".
2: Lay one square on top of the other, fully overlapping each other on a self-healing mat.
3: Using a metal ruler and an xacto knife to cut diagonal lines through BOTH pieces of paper.
4: Arrange and tape together on a scrap piece of paper (also 5" square). Pieces should fit together well if they were cut together.
5: Trim edges as needed.


For the sun, I cut an orange patterned paper into a circle, and matted it with a piece of textured Tangerine Tango cardstock. Then I used my heart punch to make the suns rays, by taping the hearts to the back of the circle. I did the same thing to make sun rays back on this card and on this page. The last thing was my stamping, which I did right onto the card in two places. I LOOOOOVE these stamps from Verve. :) They make me happy. :)

Well, that is all for me today, hope to see you here tomorrow when I unveil a fabulous NEW color challenge for colourQ! I am LOVING these colors for tomorrow! Hope you'll take a peek ;)

hugs, Noelle



supply list: solid cardstock in: Marina Mist, Island Indigo, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, and Summer Sun: Stampin' Up!; inkpads in Island Indigo and Tangerine Tango: Stampin' Up!; stamps: Verve; patterned paper: K&Company; large heart punch: SU!/EK Success

DUST IT OFF!: Use your heart punch to make sun rays, trees, or any number of triangular shaped things. Hearts aren't just for Valentines Day anymore! :)

6 comments:

Annette Allen said...

great view of the sketch...love the colors..

Marlena M. said...

This is wonderful, Noelle! I love that you put the Bible verse in the sun.

I'm sorry to hear that Ian broke his arm AGAIN...what a trooper! Glad he is feeling better. ;)

Valentina Fussell said...

Sorry about your son! That is no fun at all!! Your card is adorable, though! Hugs!

Ravengirl said...

What a cute card! Love your fun sun image!

Jennipher said...

Very creative! Love how you used the Verve Scripture.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Noelle! Thanks for linking this up to the Square Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)