Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Trick or Treat


Hey all! here's a card I whipped up the other night during another insomnia bout! I swear, I should change the name of this blog from "paper & ICE" to "Stamping Instead of Sleeping!" LOL ;) This card was inspired by this great card I saw on the gallery at ColourQ 100 last week! Here is a link to Anne's cool card, she was a Courtier last week! I loved the black embossed image on the text background, so that was my jumping off point for this card. I used my new Inkadinkado stamps Trick or Treat and Halloween Night. I used some Halloween text paper and heat embossed the bat and the sentiment in black EP. I stamped the stars in orange dye ink. For the top I made a regular vertical card and cut all but about 1 1/4" off of the front of the card. I border punched what was left of the orange front and then I attached my "card front" to the BACK of that punched orange strip. I layered some stick tape on that orange piece and added some glass glitter to it. The final touch was a cool layered owl sticker, and that's all folks! :) 

hugs, Noelle

supply list: punches, owl sticker, patterned paper: Martha Stewart Crafts; stamps: Inkadinkado; solid cardstock in Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, and Basic Black:SU!; glass glitter: SU!; heat tool, black EP; orange dye ink

DUST IT OFF!: Pull out that fancy glitter you bought for last years Christmas projects to give your Halloween cards a little extra "oomph!" 

3 comments:

Annette Allen said...

VERY CUTE...love this Halloween card..

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a cute and adorable halloween card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hi Noelle! This is such a fun Halloween card! I am loving that owl sticker and the glitter accent, too. You have completley inspired me to get going on some halloween creations today. Thank you SO much for the sweet shout-out, too! Big hugs!