Whew! What a weekend! I had the big event I am a PTO chairperson for on Friday night, then turned around Saturday & had Ev's 4th birthday party! Happy to say that it was all successful, but I was so tired that my Sunday morning run turned into a Sunday morning walk! Really hoping to regain some energy this week, since I don't have so much scheduled, FOR ONCE!
ColourQ challenge! I love these colors! Poppy Parade, Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzaz, Wisteria Wonder, and White. So pretty & it was fun to make a card with them, since I went a bit more "girly" than I usually can when I scrap. I decided to make a flower card (I know, kind of out of the ordinary for me these days!) Had fun playing with these Mod Flower Inchies Inkadinkado Stamps. I won them in my last prize package from SpottedCanary.com & I hadn't used them yet. Pretty cute, huh? I used an old SU! sentiment stamp from a set called "Wow Flowers." I die-cut and stamped a white piece with a Nestabilities die. I stamped the flower stems a little bit high, as I knew I was going to make some "grass" with my fringe scissors. I cut a Pear Pizzaz piece with the die as well, and trimmed it with my fringe scissors, for the grass, then I adhered it to the white piece. Stamped my sentiment and added a few gems to the flowers. On the center flower, I stamped two different stamps; one with the Poppy ink and one with the Coral, to get a layered look on that one. I found the Coral ink at "full" strength, almost looked the same as the Poppy ink, so I stamped off before I stamped the Coral flowers down, so there was more contrast. I made a mat with the larger Nesties die in the Wisteria color.
For the background of the card, I figured how wide the center section of the die cut piece was. It was 2 1/2" and then that was the same width I made the plaid DP panel. If you want to have your layouts "make sense" that is a good tip for you! I like to create a relationship between each layer of my projects by relating colors, scale, pattern, and the like. Doing something as simple as measuring from point A to B can really give your whole project a more finished look.
Since I knew the center panel was 2 1/2" that meant that the side strips (polka dots) would have to be 3/4" a piece to create the 4" x 5 1/4" background I wanted. I cut those strips from a scrap, and adhered all together on another scrap the same size. I added a little red ribbon to hide the seams. I put my card together, and decided to make a bow for the top. When I started blogging, I used to put a bow on practically every card! LOL, and then I must have gotten sick of them or something, because I stopped! ;) So, I made a layered bow, with ribbons in the challenge colors and topped it off with a Wisteria shade button I found in my "reclaimed" button jar.
Well, that's all folks! I hope you will make some time to come play this fab color combo at the colourQ this week! Go over there and check the beautiful samples my DT buds have for you! Have a great week!
supply list: stamps: Inakdinkado; dies: Spellbinders; gems; Martha Stewart Crafts & Recollections; ink, solid cardstock & sentiment stamp: Stampin' Up!; fringe scissors: Martha Stewart Crafts; patterned papers: My Mind's Eye and October Afternoon; ribbon: The Ribbon Boutique (Hobby Lobby brand) and Offray
DUST IT OFF!: That button is from my reclaimed jar, it was an extra button that came with some capri pants I used to have, LOL!; the dotted paper was a scrap; the coral ribbon is about 8-10 years old