Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Stars and Snowflakes Forever


Hi all! wanted to play this challenge at Jingle Belles this week! The challenge is to CASE an old Jingle Belles card. I chose to case Lauren's Stars and Stripes card. I LOOOOVED this, too cute, and what I loved about it was that even though it was red, white and blue, it felt totally "Christmasy" and not "4th of July-ey" (I know, not a word!) at all! 

Here is Lauren's card, my inspiration! 
Isn't this cute? I love the DP she used, I used to have some of that same kind, but alas, I used it all! I also loved the vintage feel she had, so I tried to put some of that into my card. 
I started with an old scalloped note that Stampin' Up! used to sell, it's a very light blue (an old InColor) called Soft Sky. I layered another round card I had, again REALLY old from Target, it had a little asterik pattern on it, I was thinking snowflakes! I decorated the edges with some green glitter buttons. I pleated some red ribbon across the center of the card and pleated it down, stapling as I went. But by the time I finished the card very little of that was still showing! I die cut a piece of Tempting Turquoise, and stamped and heat embossed the sentiment with white EP. I stamped that cute little (I thought vintage looking?) elf onto white cardstock and colored him with Copics. I fussy cut him out and attached him to my die-cut piece with some foam tape. I added a little Stickles to his jingle bell to make it sparkle (very hard to see in these pics, that bell is so tiny!) I added a layered, punched star that I made with Real Red and a piece of glittered Tempting Turquoise cardstock. I topped it off with an oooold snowman eyelet. To the left of this layered/glittered/punched/embossed/die-cut/Copic-colored/fussy-cut piece of fabulousness ;) I put an acetate star topped with a larger glitter button in blue. 

Well, that is all for me today! I hope you are having a lovely holiday weekend! We took the boys to the Denver Art Museum today, it was really fun. Be back soon! 

xoxo, Noelle

supply list: round and scalloped circle cards: SU! and Target; stamps: Inkadinkado; star punches: EK Success; glitter buttons: Recollections; markers: Copic; die: Spellbinders; white EP & heat gun; acetate star: Heidi Swapp; red satin ribbon: The Ribbon Boutique/Hobby Lobby

DUST IT OFF!: LOADS of old goodies on this card, starting with the cards themselves! Threw in an old acetate star and an old snowman eyelet, too. 

5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

Noelle this is so adorable.. I love it...
The shape is so awesome...great job.

Lisa said...

Ooo, I loved that original card of Lauren's and you've created something totally gorgeous too! Very cute and I adore the bright colour scheme you've used. Great job !

SmilynStef said...

That sweet little elf is just too cute ... love how you took the various elements you loved about Lauren's card and made them your own ... so glad you joined us at jingle belles this week.

Marie Bingaman said...

Hi Noelle! I too, loved Lauren's original card, and your take on it is just as wonderful! :)

lauren bergold said...

so tell me: is it permissible for me to re-CASE my own card to make it more like your CASE of my card??! 'cause that's totally what i want to do now; specifically i can see that mine *NEEDS* some glitter brads around the edges, also, an adorable vintage-style elf, FOR SURE!!! this is ♥AWESOME♥ noelle, you've soooooooooooo improved on the original!!! (ps: same thing happened to me with the ribbon and decorative strips! but i think just *KNOWING* they are there, but covered, gives us a nice feeling, right?! lol!) :) :) :)