Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ev!!

Happy birthday to my sweet baby Evan today! I am in total disbelief that this little man is FOUR today? I ask you, HOW does that happen? It really does baffle the mind. If you have kids, grandkids, or nieces and nephews, I am sure you know EXACTLY what I mean! Here's my birthday boy! ;)
For his card, I used the same set I used to make his birthday card last year. I actually bought this cute MFT set Little Loveosaurus with him in mind, because his nickname is "Monster Beast" and believe me there are PLENTY of times he's lived up to that nickname too! ;) I saw over at this post on the MFT blog that they are challenging their designers to use NO COLORING for their most recent creations. actually a little bit of a tough challenge considering that most of their stamps are of an illustrative style and just BEG to be colored! Anyway, I thought I would push myself to think a little outside the box and try it as well. I had gotten a fun pack of Jillibean Soup Sprouts journaling circles free with my last Unity order in an olive color. I've actually used several, they are cool! I took the large one with the #4 on it & stamped my Loveosaurus' head. I stamped the "happy birthday" stamp above that & then DID NOT color it in. ;) I layered up some fun MME DPs & die cut a scalloped circle to mat the stamped panel. I punched one of the DP strips with my EK Success Binding Edge Edger Punch, one of my faves for boy projects. I added a Tim Holtz metal 4 tab to my circle & and clear epoxy sticker to a 4 on the DP. Final touch was an olive green bow to pull out the olive green on the journaling circle. 
For the inside, I used a scrap of the train printed paper, because he loves trains & border punched it with a Circles Large Edger Punch. I punched a small 4 from the leftover scrap from the front & popped it up with a 3D dot in the middle "hole" the punch left. I stamped my sentiment & my quick-non colored card was done! I think this post took me longer to write than that card took me to make! LOL, my own fault since I provided all the links! ;) 
Well, that is it for me! The next few days are truly packed, but I hope to get some "craft therapy" time on Sunday! Have a stellar weekend! 

hugs, Noelle



No comments: