Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Vegas Babies scrapbook layout (CQC #104)

Hello, all you papercrafting peeps! I hope you are all doing great! Today is our ColourQ 2nd birthday bash!! Woot woot! That's right, two years since sweet Arielle posted her first colourQ challenge! I have been playing along as a Design Team member since January of this year, and I must say it has been a JOY working alongside this group of incredibly talented, very kind, low-key ladies. I love them ALL & I feel very blessed to have landed in such a cool group. Here is the palette for this week, and because it's a birthday challenge we are asking YOU to CASE (copy & make your own, in case you aren't familiar with that term) a former colourQueen with this palette! Check it! 
I chose to CASE ColourQueen #99, Lynn! Lynn's project was so awesome that she was crowned ColourQueen, the very first time she played! Lynn's was also the first scrapbook page to ever win ColourQueen. I loved the simplicity to her layout, since I struggle with "clean and simple", I thought this would be a good shot for me this week! Here is Lynn's layout that I CASEd
This is Lynn's LO that I CASEd link here.
As I was looking over Lynn's bio, I noticed we have a few things in common. We both have sons named Collin (2 l's), we both married our high school sweethearts, and we both have all boys. And, I didn't even know any of that when I chose to CASE her layout! LOL! ;)

Since the palette included that pinkish Rose Red, I opted to do a more girly page than my traditional boy-friendly layouts. I had this cute pic from the recent girls' weekend I took to Las Vegas in July. I also remembered how I liked the look of masking with the Disneyland Pages I'd done a few months back. I thought it might give the spritzed background a cool look to mask with a few flowers and shaped paper clips peeking out from behind the pic. I also flipped Lynn's layout, to accommodate my horizontal shot. So, I used a brown pen to mark the four corners of where my pic would end up, so I knew where to place the items I was masking. I used some ooooold metal flowers & some shaped paper clips as masks. Then I spritzed with some Log Cabin Smooch Spritz from my stash, moving the flowers around as desired. 
All the paper strips that are punched and layered across the left hand side of the page are scraps from my bin! Yea! I LOVE using some scraps & not having to cut new papers! The final touches were the title stickers, my journaling (I went free-form, like Lynn), and a couple pieces of old SU! hardware I couldn't resist using ;) But, all in all FOR ME **ahem** this is a pretty clean and simple layout, wouldn't you agree? Aren't you proud? And, I love the way the pic takes center stage & I got to use scraps, woot!!

Well, I'm gonna wrap up this marathon post! I hope YOU will come play at our birthday party? Please? Great colors and awesome fun to CASE a former ColourQueen! Hope to see you there! 

xoxo, Noelle

supply list: solid cardstock:SU!; Log Cabin Smooch Spritz; punches: EK Success; sticker letters: October Afternoon; hardware: SU!; patterned paper: MME; textured cardstock: Bazzill; metal flowers: making memories

DUST IT OFF!: Those metal flowers are really old, but this is a fun, FRESH way to use them! Any cool shapes in your old embellishments you might mask with some spray ink?  Hmmm? ;) 




3 comments:

Lynn said...

Hey Noelle, thanks so much for CASEing my layout. Too fun that we both have Collins :) My Collin is very shy...but mischievous :) Absolutely adore your layout...looks like a very fun time out with the girls. I love how you masked the flowers with the mist.

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful, Noelle! ;)

Sigrid said...

It´s great.