Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

More Than the Moon and the Stars...... (CQC101/SFYTT)

UPDATE 9/9: After floating around blogland a little.... here I thought I was being so original and all with my moon card & I just realized that Jen delMuro had posted a moon card just a couple days before this, LOL, I guess great minds think alike! If you want to see a VERY cute card with a moon and an astronaut, go check out her card.


Hi there! Are you ready to get back to the "real world" after the long weekend? Yeah, me neither! ;) I made this card for my hubby who told me I should "make him a card" to convince him to vacuum! Stinker! Yeah, he did vacuum, and before he even knew I was making him a card, too. heh heh... This is for this week's colourQ 101 challenge. I also used a sketch challenge that I haven't played in a while, and have missed, the Sketch for You to Try for September! I loved these colors when I first saw this palette... Blues, greens, purples.... I ask you, WHAT could be better than that? When I first saw this inspiration pic, all I could think about was this old DSP from Stampin' Up! called "Cottage Wall." I used the piece I was thinking of on that small panel, the floral piece. Here's the palette:


Doesn't that fabric in the photo remind you of that DSP, too? I wonder how many creations we will see with that paper this week! ;) I also pulled another (REALLY old!) SU! DSP from the package "Fall Flowers" that had the colors Soft Sky and Old Olive in it, which I felt were pretty good subs for Pool Party and Lucky Limeade. The cardstock/inks I used were the "real" colors however, so you can see it blends pretty well! Here is the sketch: 

For the main panel and the moon I dry embossed with a embossing folder that had been inked with a brayer. The moon is also sprayed with white Smooch Spritz. The stamp was a freebie with my last Unity order. I inked it up with multiple markers. The moon was made by cutting a circle out of the Pool Party that was the same size as the stamped panel, and then punching it partly with a large circle punch. I laid some Razzleberry dotted ribbon along the bottom & my very last acetate star, **sniff sniff* ;) and topped it with a button and some wire. I had thought of using some punched stars on the moon, but in the end, I really liked it the way it was without that. 



Well, that is all for me today! I hope you will come play with these fabulous colors this week at colourQ!! 

hugs, Noelle

supply list: stamp: Unity; cardstock/inkpads: Stampin' Up!; DSP: SU!; pens: SU! and Inkadinkado; circle punch: EK Success; circle cutter: Creative Memories; ribbon: SU!; acetate star: Heidi Swapp; button: The Paper Studio; embossing folders: Cuttlebug; white Smooch Spritz; brayer

DUST IT OFF!: Well, this card is ALL a dust off, except for the stamp which had been previously uninked! Even that old technique of wrapping wire around a round nosed plier? I think that's still cute! And I still have wire, so I'll be using it ;) 


5 comments:

LeroyLime said...

super cute...love the wire in your button & I'm sure your hubby appreciated his vacuum trophy! :)

Sylvia said...

Love your card, Noelle! Yes, I love fall, too. I can't decorate quite yet as it will be in the 90's this week, but hey I will take it over 110 any day. We were 65 last night! My favorite temperature range 60's- low 90's. Good for you making H a card! Have a wonderful week in Colorado! I miss you Colorado!!!!

LeAnne said...

Hey, lucky you to have a man who vacuums---card or not! Love the card, BTW!

Karen Veneracion Flores said...

All the different patterns work wonderfully together in this card.

Christina said...

Tell your hubby I have a whole stack of cards for him if he wants to come over and vacuum for me! LOL!
Fantastic job mixing and matching the patterned papers, and I love the look of the crescent moon. The wire through the button is such a unique touch, too!