Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Well, Hello there! (TCPTUES)

Hey there! I haven't gotten a chance to play at TCPTUES in a few weeks, so I thought I'd give this color combo a go this week. Truly, I NEVER would have dreamed of putting these 3 colors together in a million years, but I really liked the way this turned out, so it may end up being one to revisit! I decided to make a long card, and, when I cut it, I made a mistake and ended up with the front side an inch shorter than the back, LOL! Have you ever done that? Well, I decided to turn it into what I used to tell folks was a "happy accident" when I taught classes & incorporate that into the design.  
 I pulled out my new Field of Pinwheels set and an awesome K&Company Sweet Nectar cardmaking pad. I love these pads! The edge is die cut and you can just fold them in half to make a cool card, but I instead cut the decorative edge off here and used it on the side, the rest of the paper covered the front and I used a scrap from it to cut the cloud. i stamped my bunny down on white cardstock and colored him with Copics. I used a glue pen and some white flocking powder for his "cottontail."  I die cut the image with a nestabilities die and ended up folding the left side around the back of the card. Inside the card I used an old border sticker since you could see that edge.  
At the bottom I thought pinwheels would be the perfect accent. TCP has a darling pinwheel die, but I don't have that so I punched some squares from Basic Gray cardstock with 1 1/4" square punch and cut in from each corner on the diagonal. Then I folded every other corner in towards the center and finished off with a brad. There is also a button threaded with green ribbon in the UL hand corner of the card. Well, that's it for me today! I hope you like my card:) I hope to be back tomorrow or Friday with something else fun to show you! Thanks for stopping by:)

-Noelle

supply list: stamps: TCP; die cut cardmaking pad and patterned green paper: K&Company; dies: MFT and Spellbinders; markers: Copic; border sticker and solid cardstock:SU!; white flocking powder and glue pen: Inkadinkado; square punch: EK Success

DUST IT OFF!: That border sticker is from a scrap kit that's several years old. Remember also, if you don't have a pinwheel die, they are easy to make with your trusty square punches, which you probably already have:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a cute cute card!! I love your row of pinwheels - great accent!! :)

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE your tall cards, Noelle! And the pinwheels and image and color combo on this one just makes it over the top CUTE!

Nancy Thomas said...

I like the tall shape - the pinwheels are adorable.