Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Happy Mothers Day! Wanted to show you the cards that are going to my Mom and my MIL this year....

This first one is a paper Crafts Mag reject, but I knew my Mom would LOVE it! It actually turned out PERFECT because... (MOM, if you are reading this before I see you, avert your eyes!) ....when I was at the street market at our outdoor mall yesterday I picked up 2 super cute handmade aprons as Mothers Day gifts for these 2 special Moms! **shhhh, don't spill my secret!;)** Hope my mom doesn't peek!

The apron was cut on the Cricut, and embellished with some extra pearls and Ivory cardstock. I cut the "spool" by hand and wrapped some green bakers twine around it and inserted the pins (which were just from my sewing kit...) I hand cut the "pinking" border on the sentiment banner. Some border punching and corduroy buttons along the bottom complete the look.

This one I made last week. I wanted to make a paper flower, since I hadn't done that in a while. I was kind of going for an "envelope" look on this card, hence that triangular panel in the background. This card was made using all scraps. The flower was made by layering several punched circles and inserting a brad through the center. Then, using a spray bottle I wet the circles down and one by one folded and scrunched them towards the middle, almost making it look like a tight flower bud. Then, gently, I unfolded them and arranged them the way I liked while still damp. Then let dry and glued a gem in the middle. The leaves come from a leaf border punch, I just cut off the few leaves I wanted to use. I made a bow at the top and added a resin flower. The sentiment is stamped on patterned paper, I never do that, but it turned out so cute, I might try it again! Well, that's it for me! I am off for a yummy lunch with my family. Have a WONDERFUL Mothers Day, and, if you are a Mom, THANK YOU for ALL the hard work you do:)

-Noelle

supply list: patterned paper/top card: DCWV; border punch, circle punches: EK Success; leaf border punch: MSC; corduroy buttons and solid cardstock: SU!; stamps: SU! and Inkadinkado; patterned paper/bottom card: K&Company; gem: K&Company; green bakers twine: Jillibean Soup; resin flower: Prima

DUST IT OFF!: Most of my paper on these cards was from the scraps bin. The straight pins were pulled form my sewing kit, too. 

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

Both cars are wonderful Mother's Day cards, Noelle! Hope you are having a great day!