Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Weekend Cards


Happy weekend, all! We have a lot going on tomorrow, but the only thing I had going on today was the 5K for my running club, and then it got called off because of the rain (pouring here!) and... I have to admit, I was a wee bit happy! LOL, I just did a 5K two weeks ago, and though I can (always) use the exercise, I was really dreading being out on this cold, damp day. Where oh where has my CO sunshine gone? It keeps teasing me, peeking out every few days and then hiding again, I am SO ready for summer! :)  Bring on the sunshine, pool, and the iced tea!


The first card I made for a family friend who is taking his First Communion tomorrow. The family are very close friends of ours and I am so excited to see him take this big milestone step tomorrow and the subsequent party! It's bound to be a good time, that's for sure! The card is made from some pretty Unity stamps and a cool wood piece that I had been hoarding, LOL. I tried to make it appropriate for an 8 year old boy by the masculine colors and adding the sentiment inside "DUDE, congrats!" 

The second card is just for fun. I used this cute cake stamp from Inkadinkado. I did what you've seen me do before and stacked the cake right up, to make a cake tower. I picked colors that would relate to actual cake flavors. Top to bottom the flavors are: vanilla, marble, pistachio, strawberry, white, lemon, and chocolate. At the bottom I punched an oval for a "plate" I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of ivory cardstock and hand cut it. I finished the card off with a border punched strip, and a super fancy cabochon. Lots of girly flowers and colors on this card! It will be a fun one to save for a girlfriend. 


Well, that is it for me! Busy busy week ahead! Lots of out of town visitors and social events, etc. Just gotta keep going! I'll try and pop in with a fun challenge or 2! Have a great week!

-Noelle

supply list (card one): patterned paper:MME; stamps: Unity and Verve; wood piece: K&Company; dies: Spellbinders; oval punch: EK Success.
(card two): patterned paper: K&Company; stamps: Inkadinkado; punches: EK Success; cabochon: Jolee's; dimensional adhesive, pens and solid cardstock: SU!

DUST IT OFF!: Dig out your solid and patterned scraps to paper piece a tower of cake!


2 comments:

Patrice said...

Love that cake!

Sylvia said...

These cards are too cute, Noelle! don't you wish you could eat a piece of cake like that? Life should be fun, before you get to old to enjoy it!