Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My How You've Grown (MFTWSC19)

Hey there! I hope you all are having a great week so far. I was THRIILED and excited to see my studio space featured over at Creating Keepsakes Blog yesterday! Check it out if you get time! :) I have about a dozen challenges that are calling my name this week.... Ah, if only I had the time to do them all! This looked to be a super fun sketch this week over at My Favorite Things, so I decided to give it a go. MFT stamps are not required to play, but I try to focus on the products from the challenge site whenever possible. I hardly have any MFT stamps, just a very few sets and not much to choose from, so that presented a bit of a challenge in and of itself. I liked the "My How You've Grown" sentiment from the stamp set of the same name. But, I didn't want to make a baby card, so for the image I decided to focus on my MFT dies, of which I have several.



I LOOOOVE this tree die from there. I used the cloud die to create the "leaves" on the tree and added in some leaves and buttons for fun. I used a nestabilities die for the shape the tree is on, and then used the larger nesting die for the navy blue frame, but when it came time to put the card together, the frame piece was too large, so I ended up cutting two blue from the same size as the original size I have the tree on and splitting them apart, layering them behind the tree to get the frame effect I was going for without all the bulk. I die cut the jumbo rick rack piece to go behind the sentiment for a fun look. Finally for the banner, I used an old rounded tag punch I have. I'll spare you my complaining about how I don't have a banner die, today anyway! ;) Besides, good to get some use from that old punch. I used some stickers for the "happy" and the "birthday" stamp is from Little Loveosaurus.



After I was done, I realized this is the same color scheme we are featuring this week over at colourQ!
So, I'll link this up over there, too:)

Well, I am OUTTA HERE, time for dinner, then baths and bed for my boys. have a stellar evening! 

-Noelle

supply list: dies and stamps: MFT; punch: EK Success; patterned paper: MME, OA, and Cosmo Cricket;  other die: Spellbinders; letter stickers: Cosmo Cricket; Not Quite Navy inkpad and solid cardstock: SU!

DUST IT OFF!: That old rounded tag punch (Whale of A Punch, I'm going to say close to 10 years old, that one) works great for banners in a pinch! 



  

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

What a fun birthday card, Noelle! I tried to comment last night but blogger was down everywhere! It is thundering here, no rain yet, just LOTS of thunder! Happy dya to you.

Sylvia said...

I can not believe that I have to start over with comments, they were all lost! Love your card, can not remember what else I said! No, I hope you are not laughing!

LeAnne said...

Very cute, Noelle! A great sketch, and congrats on your craft room highlight. It makes me want to rip mine apart and start all over!