Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Owl of Us (one year blogoversary!)









Hi there! I wanted to share something today because it is my one year "blogoversary" LOL. One year ago, I didn't even know the word "blogoversary" existed! I have to say, the last year has been such a wonderful journey. When I started, I had no clue what fun this would be, what an amazing community I was joining and what a big part of my life this would become. But, here I am: one year, 213 posts, and almost 15,000 hits later. Clearly, I am hooked! A HUGE thank YOU to all of you who follow and those who stop by, too.


So, my card today is for my Mom's retirement, which is coming up. You may remember the invitations I made for the party here. So, the theme is owls, and I had this cute gift bag I bought at Target and I wanted to mimic the bag. This is a large card 5"x7" I punched some large circles in the colors from the bag. I used the owl punch I have (which, truly, I've only used a handful of times) and punched owls in colors to match the circles, and then I just built the little owls one at a time, until they were all made up. I drew the pupils of the eyes on last, so I could make some of them look at each other, etc. I used the sentiment from one of my favorite retired SU! stamp sets "Owl Together Now." I popped up the end of the sentiment banner with a 3D dot and bent it a little in the middle to give it some movement. I added a red flocked heart brad to the right side of the banner. The card took a bit more time than some, just because it took some time to "build" 12 owls. But, I love it and I think my Mom will too. I decorated the inside with some leftover scraps.



Well, that is it for me today! I'm going to be making some decorations and favors for the party soon, so I'll be back later this week to show you what I come up with. Also, there is a super-cute page coming up for colourQ on Tuesday, I can't wait to show you :) I will also be giving away some blog candy soon to commemorate this milestone.


Have a wonderful weekend!!
-Noelle

supply list: all from SU! (except plaid paper and green cardstock which are generic) solid cardstock in Brilliant Blue, Daffodil Delight; Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise, confetti white, Whisper White, stamps, and owl punch, Brilliant Blue inkpad, border punch: EK Success

DUST IT OFF!: That plaid paper is from my scraps bin, and I happen to know that was the paper I used for my son's birth announcement, my son is now 8 1/2, so that paper is really old! :)




No comments: