Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Teacher cards (MOJO#189)


Hi there! I liked the sketch over at Mojo Monday SOOOOOO much, I decided to make some more cards with it! I was really needing some time to just "play" to get my creativity flowing again. This last week has been BEYOND stressful, and I'm just afraid that's sort of going to be the status quo for awhile.... BUT often, just having some time to create, for fun, is so refreshing. 
I was thinking how the end of the school year is VERY QUICKLY approaching and how I needed to start getting ready for teacher gifts/cards, since my youngest has SEVEN teachers (yes, he really does!) plus one each for the older 2 boys, so that's NINE teacher gifts in all. I have one card in my stash I can use, but I thought this would be a good sketch to get crackin' on some more! I pulled out my bag of school themed stickers, papers and other embellishments, as well as a 6" MME stack and some fun OA stuff I've been hoarding (mostly from the line "Report Card"). In my bag I found a super cool unopened package of Crate Paper school chipboard embellishments, and the large schoolhouse one became the jumping off point for my first card. I like all the cards, but I am pretty partial to the first one, isn't it cute? 



The second one is primarily OA (October Afternoon) brand. I trimmed that sticker with the schoolroom scene, to make it work with the dimensions of the sketch.






This one was a fun one that came together, that fun dotted paper is a scrap, LOVE it, but I'm not sure of the brand. I used a Unity apple stamp on an OA circle sticker, and that cute brad is from The Paper Studio.
That striped paper on here is another rescue from the scraps bin! That yellow bus is another CP chipboard. The SU! stamps were used on some OA stickers. Finally that hardware at the top is so very old, as well as the brad! NO CLUE the brand on either one, sorry! 

I did decorate the insides of these with leftover scraps, pretty fun! 

Well, I hope you like my cards! I'm going to enter them over at the Mojo contest this week, 4 more chances for me to win a Verve stamp set! :)

Please consider following the blog if you like my work? I'm 4 followers shy of reaching my goal by my blog anniversary on May 21. Thanks! :)

-Noelle

DUST IT OFF!: SOOOOO many scraps, leftovers, and old stickers on these cards, SO great to use them up! 

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Holy Smokes...someone call 911 cuz Noelle's on FIRE!!! Ok- that was lame, but I am tired and had a long day of laundry, housework and cooking double meals (my friends 1 daughter is in the hospital and I am going to feed the rest of her fam for a day)....I LOVE these cards- they are so vintage!! Major cute! Your mojo is right outta control lately...rein it it girl! you're gonna make the rest of us look lazy! lol! I sure hope you win a verve set with all these entries!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Wow! Amazing cards. Each so unique and fabulous. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Fabulous cards!! Great use of the sketch too - bravo!

Teresa Kline said...

these are are so wonderful, how sweet to give to the teachers, I know they will luv them...hope your day is fantastic!

enjoy *~*

Annette Allen said...

Awesome cards.