Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Friday, May 27, 2011

Forget your troubles, c'mon get happy! (MOJO192 & Chevron Challenge)


Hi there! So very sorry it's been so many days between posts, it's been a truly exhausting week! So, I wanted to make a VERY happy card today since I needed to brighten up my day. I LOVED this awesome sketch over at Mojo Monday this week and decided it would be just the think to get MY mojo running again! Since it's also got this SWEET chevron paper on it, I'll also put it up over at the Moxie Fab World Chevron Chic challenge.



This card came together sort of backwards for me. Usually I pick my paper first and then, stamps, solid cardstock etc. But this card started with the rainbow. I stamped it on white cardstock and colored with markers. Then I coated the colored part with some dimensional glaze to make it shiny. I did the blue panel next and I heat embossed some clouds on there with white craft ink and clear EP. Then I made the scalloped circle piece. I die cut 3 clouds from blue felt and stitched the whole thing together with a red glittery button and some yellow baker's twine. At this point, I FINALLY began to see I'd need some patterned paper on this card. I found this SU! chevron stripe in my stash, and it went so well with the fun feel I wanted for this card. Final steps were the tag and some gems and more twine. I hope you like it, it DID brighten my day! :)
I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I am NOT busy for once so I'll be back soon to show you some more fun things! -Noelle

supply list: stamps: Unity and Verve; paper and solid cardstock: SU!; tag and markers: SU!; cloud die: MFT; red button: American Crafts; bakers twine: Jillibean Soup; red gems: Martha Stewart Crafts; punches: EK Success

DUST IT OFF!: That tag has got to be pushing 10 years old! I think it was part of a hostess gift from the very first SU! party I ever hosted. LOL!

5 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a fun card Noelle. Love the colors, the images (especially the rainbow)... nice clouds! :o)

Anonymous said...

Cute card, love all the fun elements, Noelle!Do you know what is going on with blogger? Have the places I go I am signed in the other half I can't sign in, it makes commenting a nightmare! Have a wonderful weekend!
Sylvia

Annette Allen said...

Love your card Nicole. That rainbow is adorable.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Noelle! Thanks for linking this up to the Chevron Chic Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Debbie Carriere said...

Love this!!! Love the chevrons & that fab shiny rainbow :) Great job with the sketch!