Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Saturday, May 7, 2011

More teacher cards


Hey there! A few more teacher cards, I am having SO much fun with these! Good thing I need so many, LOL. The very cool thing is that, outside of the chipboard pieces, that I cracked open for the teacher cards in my last post, pretty much EVERYTHING on these cards (both this post and last) has been a scrap or a leftover. On this second card, the cork and the patch are both really REALLY old. I used the rest of those patches on some of the boys' school scrapbook pages, but never had a good spot for the "pop quiz" one, though it seemed to go well with the image of the little girl studying, which is one of the last stickers I have from a certain OA sheet. The cork was a teeny scrap I had left from a cork sheet I've been using bits off of for YEARS. This was the last little piece just big enough to die cut. 

I cut one inch off of the right side of the card fronts so that my DP could peek out (also scraps). Also that made it so I could add my tabs on the card fronts and they would still fit in an A2 envelope just fine. I hope you like my cards! It is National Scrapbooking Day today, and though I had no time to scrapbook, I am hoping to soon! I'll have 2 cute Mothers Day cards to show you tomorrow. 

Aaaaaand.... drumroll please, I would LOVE to say THANK YOU to all the wonderful new followers who have joined up as of late. I have reached my "blog-o-versary" goal of a total of 60 followers, and though there's a few who follow both on Google and Networked Blogs, I'm calling that a technicality and claiming victory, LOL. My blog anniversary is still 2 weeks away, and I'm looking forward to showing you all some more fun things in the meantime! 

Well, I hope you all have a STELLAR evening and Mothers Day!

xoxox-Noelle

supply list: patterned paper and most stickers: october Afternoon; chipboard: Crate Paper; solid cardstock and Thank You stamp: SU!

DUST IT OFF!: I keep all my themed scraps in the bags where my themed stickers/papers are stored, If you go to this post you can see what I mean by themed bags. Anyway, it made it SO easy to use up scraps for these cards, because I just pulled out my "school" themed bag and everything I needed was right there! The cork is REALLY old, the patch sticker, that chalkboard printed paper in the yellow card and those star clips too. I made a big dent in the waste I had laying around from previous projects AND got half a dozen cute cards out of the deal too. All without buying a thing. I often love to have what I call "scraps day" where I force my self to use only scraps of patterned paper and often stick to one stamp set, too. You would be AMAZED at what cute things can come out of those leftovers, you should give it a try! 

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

Cute, cute teachers card, Noelle! Scrap cards are so much fun to make, Maybe because they are just scraps!

Julia Cates said...

Teacher card is so cute.
thanks for share
Teacher Resume