Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thinking of You (colourQ #85)

Hi there! I FINALLY got my card done for colourQ this week. Don't you think these colors are a little tough? I struggled with them FOR SURE! I think it was the combo of the orange and then I always feel weird about mixing brown and gray. Anyway, the card turned out better than I expected, LOL! But that is the wonderful thing about challenges is that you push yourself as an artist. So, if you also feel a little intimidated by this combo, please give it a shot and post it! If you comment on this post, I'll be sure to come and check it out! :) I was also SO impressed with the projects my DT buds came up with this week, so you should at least pop by and check it out!

So, my card... I stamped the white panel in the challenge colors. I created the sentiment by stamping on Basic Gray cardstock in clear (VersaMark) ink and heat embossing with clear powder. I used Kraft instead of Sahara Sand, because I do not have Sahara Sand. The vellum envelope was a last minute decision and I think that gives the card a soft edge that I like as well as the addition of the ruffled ribbons. All in all, a feminine card. I hope you like it!


This week has been BEYOND insanely busy. Both my hubby and I have family in from out-of-state and my weekend is packed-to-the-gills FULL! So, I am taking a little break for the next few days, but I hope to have some little goodie for you to look at on Saturday, because that is my one year blog anniversary! Have a wonderful weekend! :) 

-Noelle

supply list: cardstock, brads, and ink:SU!; stamps: Inakdinkado; ruffled ribbon: The Paper Studio; vellum envelope: unknown

DUST IT OFF!: That vellum envelope is so old, but I love the way it looks on this card:)

4 comments:

None None said...

Wow - love that vellum envelope you used, it's vintage! :) The ruffled ribbon treatment really makes the card pop, I think.

Annette Allen said...

so so cute...love the little vellum envelope. This card would look good in my mail box. lol

Hope you had a wonderful Thursday...

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the vellum envelope.

Sylvia said...

Yes, these colors were difficult, Noelle! Sorry I did not get back until now. YOu totally rocked the colors!