Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bright and Sunny Birthday (CQC#83 MOJO#189)


Hi there! My little Ev is sick (poor baby!) so I'm home and had time to play while he naps. I decided to combine 2 challenges on this card: colourQ #83 and Mojo Monday #189. I really LOVE this sketch! I'll probably have to make another card with it, if I can eke out the time...... 
So, I created the tag with a glittered tag rim and paper piecing using this cute cupcake stamp from Inkadinkado.  For the Happy Birthday sentiment behind the tag, I used another stamp from Inkadinakado. In retrospect, I wish I would have stamped the top "Happy Birthday" in Peach Parfait instead of Daffodil Delight, I think it would have created a nicer contrast than having the top stamped in yellow. Oh well, such is life, huh? I found this yellow vellum tag in my VERY old stash. The card is not as "coral" as it looks in the photos, definitely more orange/tangerine in person. 


I hope you have a stellar day! I'll try to be back very soon:)
 -Noelle

supply list: stamps: Inkadinkado; punch: EK Success; cupcake brad: K&Company; Tangerine denim patterned paper & border strip: K&Company/Sweet Nectar; solid cardstock and inkpads: SU!; Glitter tag rim and yellow vellum tag: making memories; orange bakers twine: Jillibean Soup; patterned paper: Cosmo Cricket; yellow glitter brads

DUST IT OFF!: I have a whole jar of these metal rimmed tag from back in the day. Using it in conjuction with the glitter rimmed tag I made gives it a fresh new look. 



2 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is so fun! Love that teeny little cupcake! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Sylvia said...

Noelle, I love your card! Bright, cheery and just so fun! How is your weather this week? and yes that is the new punch, but I am still not sure whether I like it yet! Have a fun Thursday!