Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Shrink Plastic long card

Hi there! I was so excited to use some of these shrink plastic embellishments I made last night, that, I couldn't wait! :) Check out my last post for more details, but this is shrink plastic, like the Shrinky Dinks you used to make when you were a kid? I bought a package of the plastic sheets several years ago and I think it came with clear, white and black sheets. I used the black and white making my embellishments last night. I punched out a variety of shapes and then stamped them with pigment inks and then used my heat gun to shrink them down. So, I used very large punches, pretty fun! I decided I wanted a pleated medallion to frame one of the accents, so I border punched a 12" strip of paper and then used my scoring board to score the lines before I pleated the paper. Then I used a large punched circle and some dimensional glaze on the back to begin to make the medallion "behave" and lay down. I laid a punch on top of it to weigh it down while the adhesive took hold. Then I added my punched images and shrink plastic embellishment to the top with some more glaze. That's the one think about those darn medallions. They are not hard to make, but you MUST use a strong glue and sort of sandwich them between two other shapes to hold them in place. I remember the first time I made one here, I kept coming into my studio to find that the medallion had come undone and instead of a lovely circle, it was a long pleated strip of paper, lol! So, take it from someone who's learned the hard way, you NEED to use a strong glue, like Crystal Effects or other dimensional adhesive. I think this medallion turned out so pretty with that punch around the edge, LOVE it! :) Well, that's it for me tonight, I hope you like my card! have a great one! -Noelle


Supply list: variety of punches: EK Success; stamps: Inkadinkado; pigment ink, vintage brads, ribbon,  and solid navy cardstock:SU!; shrink plastic; heat tool

DUST IT OFF!: That shrink plastic is really old, but super fun! :)

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Noelle! Be careful not to smell that plastic too long, fumes are harmful to your lungs! I love what you did with the birds and the medallions! Lovely card. Is it snowing there? My H is in Rock Springs, Wy and it is snowing there!

Patrice said...

Oooh...I've got to find my shrink plastic!