Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Christmas in April? (CQC80)

Hey there all! Time for another color challenge at colourQ!!! LOVING the colors this week! Cherry Cobbler, Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, and Kraft. I selected my sons' Santa photo from last year for the challenge this week. Even though bringing the orange into this page was a wee bit tricky, I think it worked out ok! :) The border around the photo itself (there with the 2010 and the snowflakes on it...) was  a very BRIGHT orangey-red. If you are a Stampin' Up! color aficionado like me, it was almost a Poppy Parade shade of red, and that's why I really felt it would make the orange work on the page, tying that border in to the rich, deep Cherry Cobbler red.



So, I used a technique on this page that' I've used a lot through the years. I cut a decorative slit in the patterned paper, following the pattern of the holly in this case. Then I slipped the corner of my photo underneath that edge that I cut. Here's a little photo tutorial:
1. Lay photo down on patterned paper and mark along
the edges of holly where you want to cut. I usually just
put a little hole in the paper with my craft knife.

2. Using craft knife, cut along edge of pattern between the two spots you've marked.

3. Add adhesive to back of photo and slip corner of photo under slit that you have cut

4. Repeat as desired

5. Finished product

6. Back of page looks like this with edges peeking out the back.

  Ok, so the rest of my page. Isn't this paper great? I rarely do a single layer of cardstock for my base, but this really didn't need anything else, it was so cool with all that printing on it, that I really didn't feel it needed any more layers! I pulled my title together with a variety of stickers. The letter stickers making up the words "Jolly" and "St." are flocked (and very old), fun! The "Nick" was cut on my Cricut, little letters with tag holes in the top, so I added some decorative brads to the tops. I matted my photo in the Tangerine, Cherry Cobbler and a punched Kiwi Kiss border. That glittered candy piece is actually a gift tag I sprayed with some acid free spray. If you love something, save it, right? A few fancy snowflake stickers, a felt snowflake embellished with a Kiwi punched snowflake and a orange glittered brad, some red gems on the holly berries, and an old journaling block, and we are good to go!












I hope you like my page! Have a wonderful day & I hope you'll come play over at colourQ this week! I'd love to see what YOU do with these colors! I roam around and comment on the submissions, BUT if you leave a comment here, I'll be SURE to come check it out! :) -Noelle

supply list: background paper: making memories; flocked letter stickers: sei; journaling block:Cosmo Cricket; mini letter stickers: BoBunny Press; Base Camp Cricut Cartridge; felt snowflake, markers, & solid cardstock: SU!; snowflake punch: Martha Stewart Crafts; border punch: EK Success; fancy snowflake stickers: K&Company; orange glitter brads: American Crafts; christmas brads: unsure maybe The Paper Studio?; craft knife:Xacto; candy gift tag: Target; archival mist; deep red dotted paper (Nick): MME; red gems: Hero Arts

DUST IT OFF!: Ah, the oldies but goodies on this page...... Let's see, the journaling block, all the letter stickers, the felt snowflake, the snowflake punch and the Christmas brads are all really old. That candy tag is reclaimed too, I saved it from one of the boys' Christmas presents we gave them last year.   




No comments: