Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Balloon Bear (cqc #79)

Hey there! I got my card done for CQC! YAY!

I paper pieced and used Crystal Effects on the balloons, to make them shiny looking.... When I saw this stamp set I thought that you really have NO CHOICE but to do that, plain balloons would just be BORING compared to paper-pieced-dimensionally-glazed balloons, right? I colored my little bear green with Copics. Some more fussy cutting ensued, aren't you proud? I guess I really got the vote of confidence that I can do it after cutting all those waves on that whale card a couple weeks ago, because I think I've used it on every card since! I still had the sewing machine out, threaded with aqua thread from my last card, so I accentuated the way I laid the die cuts on an angle, by stitching around the sides. The sentiment is on black shrink plastic, I can always use more birthday cards to have around. The final accent are some super-cute K and Company cupcake brads, LOVE these!

Go over to colourQ and check out the awesome creations from my DT buds, have a great day! -Noelle

Supply List: stamps:TCP; patterned paper: SU! and Cosmo Cricket; cupcake brads: K and Company; black shrink plastic; white pigment ink: Inkadinkado; giant tag punch: Marvy; sewing machine; heat tool, large hole punch; markers:Copic


DUST IT OFF!: If you're like me, you bought some shrink plastic a looooong time ago when it was all the rage. Using a pigment ink on it, punching it out and using a heat tool to shrink it, is a quick and easy way to use it up! You could make just one accent, or make several and keep them on hand for future projects. I had fun playing last night, and got several of these done for future use very quickly! I guess we'll see what comes out of them, I'll keep you posted! 

3 comments:

Yapha said...

The balloons are so fun! That makes me thinking of Winnie-the-Pooh and the honey tree!

Sylvia said...

What a fun birthday card, Noelle! That can not be a Colorado bear! The last bears I saw were so dreary looking. So glad you joined your fellow DT's this week.

Jinny Newlin said...

What a FUN take on this ColourQ, Noelle! I just used that same, teal, heart DSP on a card set! So fun to come here and see it in a different light! LOVE your stitching and that sweet, balloon bear!