Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Java Junkie (TCPTUES156)

Clip on cup holder

Coffee Canister































Hey there! I was SOOOOO excited about the coffee themed challenge at  TCP Tuesday that I ended up making TWO projects this week! Besides, I love to make useful things for around the house that are cute as well, so this challenge seemed to fit the bill for me to get out of a card rut and move onto some 3D items. I am SUCH a coffee junkie, there was NO WAY, I'd miss out on this challenge!! I never miss my morning cuppa whether at home or when I splurge at Starbucks once or twice a week.

This week is also Jenny's first time being the Hostess with the Mostess for the challenge, and you MUST click on that link and go see the adorable cup cozy she made, it's just too cute! :)

Cup holder before makeover
holding the cup
Well, like I said, I did two projects. This first one was a clip on cup holder I found over at Bed Bath and Beyond this morning. I thought this was a really clever idea for a gadgety type thing, and that it might actually prevent me from spilling my precious Starbucks all over my desk while working, too! But it started out UGLY, here's what it looked like, not so cute, huh? so, I covered it in a woodgrain paper and made a little stamped accent with one of my fave TCP stamps Like You a Latte.

Isn't this little guy just the cutest? Reminds me of one of my boys, except none of them would be caught dead in such a fashionable coat! LOL ;) I think I'm getting better at coloring the hair with the Copics, it turned out pretty cute. I also made a circular piece to cover where the cup sits. I used my labelmaker to spell out "I'll hold your cup!" as well as some divine twine in Blueberry and a yellow button. Here's some more shots of it:

 

Next project, a coffee canister for my kitchen! I originally thought I might give this away because I don't use much ground coffee anymore since hubby and I splurged on a Keurig earlier this year. But now I'm not sure I can part with it! I used the super versatile A Beary Good Year set on this, gotta love PJ the Bear! 



I found this David Letterman coffee quote online and thought it was just too funny! So I used my messing around with multiple font trick to make it look like a stamp and printed it on some patterned paper. I colored, paper pieced and fussy cut PJ out and attached him to the quote. I made a fancy background from some die cut pieces, some Divine  Twine, and a button to accent. I also used the coffee cup stamp and punched a small circle out and adhered it to the indentation on the clasp of the canister with some dimensional glaze.

Finally for the top, I used some Basic Grey sticker letters to spell out "Coffee" and accented it with that little coffee cup stamp and another button and some twine.
On the inside of the lid I used some more of those stickers to spell out "have another cup" and some punched pieces and the coffee cup stamp again, I got ALOT of use out of that one tiny stamp! 

Top of canister
Well, that is it for me today, I need to go cook dinner for my family! :) Hope you have a stellar day!
-Noelle

SUPPLY LIST: stamps:TCP; bakers twine in blue and purple: TCP; patterned papers: Martha Stewart Crafts, SU!, K&Company, American Crafts, MME, Cosmo Cricket; Crystal Effects dimensional glaze:SU!; punches: EK Success; circle cutter: CM; buttons:SU!; dies: Spellbinders and Sizzix; letter stickers: Basic Grey; markers: Copic; labelmaker: Dymo; yellow gems: Martha Stewart Crafts
Inside of lid


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh wow Noelle both of these projects are super!!! Adding the woodgrain paper on your cup holder is genius! it look so cute now with the Latte boy! :) And the canister is adorable - just a great mixture of all kinds of yummy goodies - love it!!