Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kid Bot Birthday Cards



Hey all! I had a couple of kids birthday cards to make, so I ended up just repeating the same design twice, doing one vertical and one horizontal card (still missing my mojo, as per my earlier post). 

I found this cool paper with the numbers on it in my MME Stella and Rose 6" paper stack, isn't this SO cute? The first card I made, the one with the number "five" spelled out is for my nephew, Thomas. You may remember Thomas' bowling birthday party invitations I just finished up here. When it came to the second card, I did NOT have the right letters in those red brads to spell out the word "Eight" so I decided to put the boy's name on the card instead. My son, Collin and Jack have been best friends since kindergarten. 
So, pretty simple cards, overall. I stamped my robot down on white cardstock and colored with Copics. I die cut the robot and die cut a mat from coordinating MME paper (though, I believe that paper was from a different 6" stack than the number paper was from). I used some red letter brads to spell out the "five" and the "Jack." I put some mini letter stickers down to spell out birthday and then the final touch was some baker's twine wrapped around the card several times and tied into a knot. I also put an epoxy sticker over each child's age on their respective cards:) 

Well, that's all for today! Hoping I find my mojo and finish my million projects:) Have a great one! :)

-Noelle

Supply List: patterned paper: MME; stamp and solid cardstock in Cherry Cobbler and Basic Gray:SU!; red letter brads: The Paper Studio; mini letter stickers: Cosmo Cricket; epoxy stickers: Sticko; baker's twine: Crate and Barrel; markers: Copic; dies: Spellbinders

DUST IT OFF!: Those red brads have been around awhile, as well as those epoxy stickers.




1 comment:

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, both cards are absolutely FABULOUS, Noelle!!!! The little bot is just perfect for kids cards and I love how you used the brads for the sentiments...tooo cute!!!