Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tuesday Trigger

Where oh where has my mojo gone? Where oh where can it be? Hey all, sorry you have not seen much of me lately. I'm trying to get 1 million things done, and I fear, not doing very many of them very well at all! Oy. Totally exhausted and I've had a headache for a week! So, I decided I needed a "want to" kind of project today, so I decided on the Tuesday Trigger at the Moxie Fab World. I couldn't resist the lovely Trigger this week, Great jumping off point, and putting me in a place to do some new stuff too, that's always good! So, here's my card: I used these GORGEOUS new papers I am in love with: Que Sera Sera by K&Company. Lovely colors and fabulous implied layers on these fab papers, I am smitten. Watch out, this could turn into one of those things like I went through recently with the MME Stella and Rose papers! But the papers were the perfect colors for the Trigger too, so it all worked out in my favor;)

Here's the Trigger:
I started thinking I should do this to my porch when I saw it! I already have a rocking chair like that, and I LOVE painted furniture, I can't tell you how many old furniture pieces I've picked up and then painted, I love that! These are FAB colors too, love it:) So, for my card, I pulled from this Trigger: The colors, the red frame of the mirror, the red paint, all the layers of color and texture AND the glass. The shine of the mirror and the windows add such a clean edge to the photo composition. Also, you see some of the shapes here making an appearance on my card, there's the scallop-y square of the pillow and the rounded rectangle with curves of the dresser.

So,  the center embellishment was the big work and the "meat" of my design. I started out with a glass microscope slide, which I stamped a happy Birthday stamp on in brown StazOn ink. Then I stamped the flower stamp on Turquoise in the same color ink, you can get a better look here.... I punched that out and layered it underneath the slide.

Then I took a shaped chipboard piece and painted it red, that was my "frame." I threaded some yellow ribbon through the holes of it, once it dried, and tied a bow. Finally I layered some more paper I'd die cut.

The card base is super simple. It's a legal sized "long card" (8 1/2" by 3 3/4") I made a turquoise base and matted my fab paper in yellow after sandwiching a punched border in between. I did use the flower stamp twice in red before I laid down my fancy center embellishment.

Well, that's it for right now! I've gotta make some kid birthday cards, so hoping I'll be back soon with some more (and hoping my mojo returns?) Have a great one! :)

-Noelle

Supply List: flower stamp: Inakdinakdo; punches: EK Success; red gem: Martha Stewart Crafts; patterned papers: K&Company; dies: Spellbinders; chipboard: Melody Ross; solid cardstock in Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise and birthday stamp: SU!; yellow ribbon; microscope slide; brown StazOn ink

DUST IT OFF!: The scalloped square punch, the yellow ribbon and the slide are all old:)

2 comments:

Sylvia said...

So very pretty, Noelle! Such lovely elements!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Noelle! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)