Monday, September 27, 2010

Accordion Medallion card for Curtain Call 49


Happy Monday, everyone! My plan was to get back here this weekend, but it just didn't happen, I taught a stamping class yesterday & hubby had to work all weekend. Besides, I've decided my boys mess faster than I can clean! Ack! My house looks like a bomb went off & I SWEAR I spent several hours cleaning! Yikes! Anyhow, I'll just post my little card & after little Ev is down for his nap, maybe I'll make some headway since no one will be here MESSING things right after I clean, lol! ;)

So, here's my card for the color challenge over at Stacey's Stamping Stage. FAB colors this week, check it out!! Real Red, Sahara Sand (I used Crumb Cake....), Very Vanilla, Basic Black & Soft Suede. I don't tend to use browns and black together all that much, so this was fun for me. I also never made one of these accordion medallions before, but I LOVE this! If you want to try: I border punched TWO 2 1/4" by 12" long strips of paper with my scallop border punch. I then used my scoring board, to score all along the strips, where the scallop goes in (does that make sense?) Then accordion fold the pieces & attach them together on both ends. Then draw it together in the center (I taped mine to a scrap circle of cardstock to cement it in place). Voila! you have a cool medallion:) For the background, I used the Soft Suede as my card base, layered a 3 1/2" strip of Vanilla and a  3 1/4" strip of black. That red piece is from a retired SU! DSP pack called "Night and Day" it was black and white, but I brayered it with Real Red ink to make it red. I heat embossed this stamp from SU! "Circle Circus" stamp set. using black EP on Vanilla cardstock. There is a Real red circle and a Jumbo scallop circle of Crumb Cake behind that. In the very center is an onyx brad from American Crafts. At the top of the card I took some already ruffled black ribbon & ruffled it even more by laying a piece of sticky tape along the top & "pleating" it in sort of a messy way to make it look luxurious (ribbon by The Paper Studio). The final touch were mini pearls on various spots of the ribbon and also 3 in the lower right hand corner of the card. I didn't add a sentiment, I just liked it the way it was & felt that a sentiment on the front would make it too busy. Opinions on this?? I figure I can stamp something on the inside when I'm ready to give it away.

Well, I guess I need to get on a cleaning jag, tho I'm really not in the mood (like anyone is EVER really in the mood to clean, I KNOW!!!) I hope you all have a stellar week, I'll be back soon with some more challenges!! :) -Noelle

6 comments:

Keva said...

Just beautiful! I love that large medallion. Thanks for the instructions. I'll have to try that!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Noelle. Love the medallion... gorgeous ribbon treatment... great use of the colors. Thank you for playing with us at Curtain Call. :o)

Stacey Schafer said...

oh my goodness, Noelle! this is a fabulous work of art:) thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

wow, this is gorgeous!

enjoy *~*

Silke Ledlow said...

Noelle this is really WOW..what a fab design!!! Thank you for playing along again!!! Hugs ~S~

Christina said...

What a stunner! Love that big medallion and the ruffled trim! Thanks for playing at the Curtain Call this week!