Home Design Work Recognitions For Sale About Me

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Little Monster (SFYTT and Karber Challenges)

Hi everyone! I hope you had a super weekend, I sure did! Even though my hubby had to work for most of the holiday weekend, I managed to have a good time. My folks live about an hour from me, so I packed up the boys, and we headed to their house. They have a big hot air balloon festival there on the labor day weekend, so we got to go to that, here's a pic of the "Balloon Glow." Sorry a bit blurry, I'm still getting used to the night settings on my camera. Hubby was able to be there Sunday night, and got to go to this as well:) Yesterday, after we got home, I got up all of my autumn decorations, and I am SO ready for Fall!!  It has been way too hot as of late, and where I live in CO, we are used to our seasonal change, BRING IT ON, I say;)

Ok, soooo, my card:) this is for 2 challenges SFYTT, and also, a new one, I haven't tried before Karber Weekly. The Karber Challenge is to create a card for a boy. Since I have 3 of them, I am used to this one;)  I used one of the Karber digis "Frankie Jude" for the main panel. I colored him up with Copics, and then used a variety of patterned papers matted with SU! Early Espresso for the other panels. You will see on the sketch, that Jen used a circle, but I had to oval it, otherwise I couldn't fit little Frankenstein on there. I printed the sentiment out on cardstock and punched it out (font: CK Journaling) This card is for my son Evan for Halloween, hence the "E" sticker (K&Co). His nickname has always been "little monster beast" so this is a PERFECT card for him, though I'm planning on making 2 others for his big bros, maybe with different sentiments. The patterned papers are a variety; Basic Grey, SU!, and DCWV. Also I used SU! solids Whisper White, Dusty Durango, and Early Espresso. That ribbon is American Crafts, and all the punches are EK Success. I will be back today or tomorrow, I have a SUPER idea for the Stacey's challenge and the 2s4y challenge, hint: my idea involves that place I went this weekend:) "See" you all very soon!

xoxo, Noelle

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the colors and the papers. Your coloring is awesome. Thank you so much for playing the KARBER challenge.